Release Winamp Classic Skin for Audacious

dgame

The Audacious PND is in the repo at http://repo.openpand...l&app=audacious

To use the classic Winamp Skin in Audacious:

1. Copy the attached WinampClassic.zip file into the \pandora\appdata\audacious\share\audacious\Skins folder on your SD card.

2. Enable the “Winamp Classic Interface” by choosing View → Interface → Winamp Classic Interface in Audacious.

3. Switch to the WinampClassic skin by right-clicking in the main player window and then choosing View → Interface Preferences → WinampClassic will be on the Skin list (scroll down)

winamp-5.jpg

Originally posted at http://www.gp32x.de...p-classic-skin/

Attachments

• WinampClassic.zip
    79.1 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Party like it's 1997!

Last edited by a moderator:
I still use the old skin when using winamp for party auto pilot djing.

Much cleaner as the new curved itunes clone skins you find in new audioplayers mostly.

I use Audacious actualy quiet often, mostly with the standard GUI Skin. What I really miss in this program (and in 99% of ALL Linux Audio Players) are equalizer Presets, they are just not there or there is not even an workin EQ at all. No clue what's the problem is but I would like to have some presets and not have to set everything per hand in Audacious (you can only have one set this way, no option to save more than the default or altered EQ preset.

I use Audacious actualy quiet often, mostly with the standard GUI Skin. What I really miss in this program (and in 99% of ALL Linux Audio Players) are equalizer Presets, they are just not there or there is not even an workin EQ at all. No clue what's the problem is but I would like to have some presets and not have to set everything per hand in Audacious (you can only have one set this way, no option to save more than the default or altered EQ preset.

You can use VLC and save and load presets with it.

I just tested with Audacious with the Winamp Classic skin and the EQ and Presets work.

You can save multiple presets to the preset list.

To Save an EQ Preset in Audacious (tested in Winamp Classic Interface)

1. Press the ON button in the EQ to turn it on.

2. Tweak the EQ to your liking

3. Click on Presets --> Save --> Preset, put a name in the Box and press Enter, or Click okay.

Now you have saved the current EQ settings.

Load EQ presets:

1. Click on Presets --> Load --> Preset, Select the desired preset you saved to the list and press Enter, or Click okay.

Obviously setting myself up for a bit of a flame attack on this - but it could become more important in a year or so with the P2.

sebt3 did a fabulous job of porting this over to the Pandora. It is my primary audio player - thank you!

I also recently got a Galaxy Note II and after trying everything I could lay my hands on in the Google and Amazon stores for MP3 players, I have come to the conclusion that they all suck. Most won't even display the bitrate. None of them seem to be able to show the upcoming playlist and the song at the same time. Even WinAmp's official Android project - doesn't have a classic WinAmp interface. The Android players tend to be more about how to link/force the end user to buy/rent music from their own particular vendor than around proper play list control and interaction with the end user on their existing song collection.

The main Audacious web site only seems to concentrate on X86 applications. Searching for ARM yields a few threads on plugin application under ARM - but nothing for an official Audacious on ARM production. As far as I can tell, this Pandora release is the most used Audacious on ARM in existence.

Knowing what you know from porting this to the Pandora: Is there any hard-stop issues that will prevent this from being ported to Android for the P2? Is there any hard-stop issues that prevent it from being ported to Android now?

wow, now that's retro, even the playlist content is! nice job

Audacious became really crashy for me with the latest firmware update. Any ideas on what to do about it?

Also it gives me the "audacious seems to be running allready " error all the time (it does not happen the first time I run it from a fresh sd card. So I assume some kind of lock file does not get deleted)

I just tried this and it made audacious a lot more attractive for me. I'm still used to that interface ^_^

(Also great to impress your friends)

Back