Game Gadget

I wonder if that's not just a "covering their backsides" bit of advice, about leaving it off and charging for 12 hours the first time. It seems to be the standard thing that they say with mobile telephones and other such things, too...

I've never done that with any device I've ever owned, and never had a battery-related problem with any device I've ever owned... But I've heard lots of companies suggesting this. Is there any actual proof that it's beneficial to the lifetime expectancy of the battery?
I honestly don't know, and off of the top of my head I can't understand why that advice would be given for the first charge, when it's often subsequently advised not to leave things plugged in all the time due to the eventual cumulative effect it has on lowering the capacity of the battery.

I only know that I'm the same as you in this regard - I use the devices while charging, or whatever, and just unplug them when they say they're fully-charged. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
in the old days battery's suffered from something called the Memory Effect which is one of the reasons you are advised to do a full charge on the first charge cycle.

That's good enough for me, like Dr Pepper said, what's the worse that can happen?

...needing to buy a new one I guess

I'm going to activate it and get my freebie games

I'm just curious: Are any other games or software items available at this time?

(And what are the free headphones like, if you've tested them yet? :lol: )

I don't know about other games, I don't know if they will be on the site though , you d/l a program to activate it and there's a side panel on that program with the games listed which you can drag n drop onto device.

So until I can get their program I don't know

Just checked earphones on my phone, the sound is typical as you'd expect for bundled I guess, not bass and sound bit harsh when loud. But I'd imagine OK for game sfx and tunes, the fit of them is different but quite comfy once pushed into the ear

What kinda open handheld stops you from using it before you activate it...

Sorry, eagerly waiting your review

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Ahh man..

http://gamegadget.ne...ion/info_9.html

Can't get the app to activate yet.. I hope it's being uploaded tonight

This just gets more and more funny. 'Give us all your details before you can use your open device'. Open indeed.

Also, the '12 hour charge' thing is nothing but an urban myth these days. It may have been true at some point in the past with ancient battery tech, but it isn't now.

It's silly that manufacturers still put that warning on devices. Yet it will probably still be there in 10 years time.

I have observed something like the memory effect with my thinkpad X21, cycle it once a month and the battery stays "fresh" longer. With LiPo however, a discharge down to 0 is the worst thing you can do to it, except for stabbing it with a knife or something like that.

Why aren't laptop batteries banned from aircraft as explosives/incendiary devices? It there any kind of battery that doesn't release large amounts of heat/nasty chemicals when shorted!

Generally, the less energy density, the lower the risk for catastrophic failure. LI-ion have very high energy density and is packed in a laminated mush. It can easily be damaged my heat. While, say, NiMH, while not entierly safe, is a lot less likely to set a house ablaze. Afaik, it generally just "pops".

No way to activate it, what a joke.

Got mine today. I have to say the plastic are really cheap and I think the triggers won't last for years.

The box is beautiful though :lol:

Is the activation application still not available? :blink:

(Moreover, is it Microsoft Windows-only? Just something I've been wondering...)

I managed to get one of these as well... the activation thing sounds like it's Mac/Win only ( so it states in the manual, anyway ) - which is annoying as I'm on Linux.

Considering the size of it, I'm kinda wondering just what on earth this thing is aimed towards... the dingoo is tiny compared to it, for instance!

Back