Game database success?

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Anyone made use of the game database with some success stories? I didn't have much time to get any alpha testing on it, so the only testing was me screwing around :)

ie: It shoudl take a second the first time you hit SELECT on a game. It should come up nearly instantly all subsequent times. (assuming detail is found).

It should have a decent selection of games in it :) (mostly automation though)

jeff

Works well for me Skeezix :)

I renamed all my files with the name of the best game on the disk and now am going through realising how many others I really want to play again.

I have a fair few Automations disks and the game list loaded up real quick (less than a second) and I have found no bugs/problems with it. I have however just posted a couple of possible improvments in the CaSTaway GP Feedback thread.

It's great cos it gives you the contents of the disk even if you've renamed it! Didn't expect that ! I suppose should of considering it used checksums and all that to work out whick disk is being used!

Something has converted every occurance of the "&" symbol to "&" :p Check FOF_035.ST for an example, but searching through the file i found a few more. Hrmm.. perhaps the stgames.txt should be zipped before offering for download ? Other than that it seems to be working great :)

I've uploaded stgames12.txt with the &'s changed & -- woops!

I'll zip later. Too busyt right now :)

jeff

Wow! A working game database, at that speed! GRRREEEAT :)

It just gave me another idea...
At the moment you have to look at the disk and press select to find out what's on it...
I think it would just be nice if Castaway reads in the directory and then shows all the games
you have in alphabetically order :)
So there's no need to look into the automation disk, you just have a laaarge list of your games, select one and Castaway will
load the appropriate disk :)

What do you guys think?
Shouldn't be too complicate to integrate :)

Yeah, a list of the games instead of the disks might be nice - but prolly a bit more awkward.

I've used the database lots for my automation disks - shame I mostly use d-bug though lol. But its working, and its *very* useful. Which can't be a bad thing :)

Back