Game Board Game

Garrett

Advanced Member
There seems to be quite a few of these doing the rounds & I was considering picking one up.. anything to escape the usual Monopoly, Cludeo, Operation rituals that take place amongst my family over the Xmas period.

Anyone played the Bioshock Infinite one or can recommend any others worth checking out?

Check out Settlers of Catan, it is a very fun game. Other awesome games you can also check out is Zombicide, which is a cooperative board game. There is the Mansions Of Maddness, which is a RPG kind of board game. I like 1313 Dead End Drive. That is a game were you control several pieces, and you try to get one to escape the haphazardness mansion with the most money by killing off other players and stealing their Will money. All great games. Here is a list:

Possible Christmas list:

Catan

1313 Dead End Drive

Zombicide

Mansions of Maddess

I can also list a couple more if you would like me to. I have like three or four closets full of games, no lie.

Agree on Settlers of Catan great game.

Something lighter, but fun is Kill Doctor Lucky It's kind of like clue in reverse.. 
Something I really enjoy and it's difficult is Elder Sign.

Pandemic can also be fairly challenging. 

There are a ton of good board games out there outside of the normal pedestrian board games out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pathfinder The Adventure Card Game - Co Op, RPG Fantasy, Fun :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Winning-Moves-Classic-Ouija-Board/dp/B00EFDXAB4/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1416009552

I haven't played it, but this is one that many people like, and if I could find others to play with I might pick it up.  Elder Sign, as mentioned by TrashyMG looks good (even if the Elder Sign they are using is not the one created by Lovecraft).

Chess and Go are always fun.
Arkham Horror is an excellent game, but it has a ton of setup and the rules can hard to follow.. It's a game that needs a bit of patients the first few times you play it. 

I saw on Amazon that Elder Sign was recommended as a quicker game.  Arkham Horror would probably be great for me if I could find others who really like that kind of stuff that wanted to play it.  It also has a bunch of expansions that I am very interested in.  If Elder Sign is a bit easier to get into maybe I can convince my family to play it.  Now I will go read up on it some more.

Carcassone, Ticket to Ride are also excellent family fun :)

We love playing boardgames with my girlfriend, our current favorites include:

- Rampage/Terror in Meeple City: You play a giant monster and you destroy the city by dropping your giant monster on the buildings, or blowing on them. It's silly, it's fun, but there's also a bit of tactics.

- Blood Bowl, the card game: We're not really fans of card games (a la Magic) but we like this one. There's a nice blend of tactics, strategy and luck and the variety of teams make each games very different from one another.

- Karibik/Caribean: With two players, it's an extremely taxing game. You have to try to guess what your opponent will do and what he will guess you'll do and what he'll guess you'll guess he... ok, you get the idea. It's a very fine game, but one that will leave you exhausted. With four players, you can no longer hope to get things right so it's mostly going in blind and trying to do the best with what you're given. It's a totally different game but still a fun one.

- Mr Jack Pocket: A two player game with a very simple mechanic but that runs very well. It has deep enough tactics without being overwhelming.

Many thanks for all the recommendations guys, there's plenty of interesting looking games here.

I was planning on getting 2 or 3, but some of the ones I was considering are particularly expensive.. might have to check out some videos & narrow them down.

Back