Gamboyadvance: Gp2xvba For Gp2x

Status
Not open for further replies.
ace like my face in outer space swinging a mace giving chase at your place which is small like a case, you could wrap it in my shoe lace

i know there's already a thread on this release and the emulator isn't even CLOSE to good enough for any games yet ... but i wanted to have the first stupid post :D

Deleted User posted on Dec 16 2005 at 04:08 PM said:
ace like my face in outer space swinging a mace giving chase at your place which is small like a case, you could wrap it in my shoe lace
God, that's stupid.

Good on the emulator though.

Last edited by a moderator:
whats wrong with my rhyming? is it the timing cos i aint trying, thats why u aint buying. But to me im flying

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 16 2005 at 02:59 PM said:
6fps are pretty slow! However with a bit of luck and 280mhz we might be able to see it running in realtime, someday :)

I think we might even get by at 100mhz or less!

The GBA only runs on a sub 20mhz ARM processor,

So we aren't emulating the core CPU, only the graphics, sound, and co-processors (if used, I think GBC emulation will not be available in GBA emulators).

That is nothing, because the screen is so low res and the sound aint all that great.

And we have a hardware 2d scaler unit now that might kick ass at emulating the GBA one. As well as an AC97 codec for running a software sound engine on.

I call FS0 full framerate a reality, it will happen.

I think he is planning to port this:

timofonic posted on Dec 16 2005 at 01:20 PM said:
http://gpadvance.sourceforge.net

What about continue this and porting it to GP2X?
domm1024 posted on Dec 16 2005 at 01:37 PM said:
Ah, didn't know that existed.  I'll take a look at it.  It looks like it might be alot easier to get that optimized than VisualBoyAdvance.  I don't thik I really want to try to optimize VisualBoyAdvance anyway, I just wanted to see if I could port it.:)

From the sourceforge site:
Classic emulators have to emulate everything (i.e. processor, RAM, ROM, video processor, keys, timers, ...) with only the use of the computer processor, that is why you need at least a 700Mhz computer to emulate a small gba (which has a 16MHz processor). The GP32 processor is compatible with the GBA one, so the first idea is to not emulate the gba processor but to directly run the code present in the GBA roms. Of course it is not as simple as to rename a .gba file to a .gxb file, but it runs !

The continuation soon...

moz posted on Dec 16 2005 at 10:53 PM said:
i believe it will rain chocolate buttons!

Amen to that! :D on a note, am I the only one thats not interested in GBA emulation? I don't even know of any good games for it they all seem either shite or remakes to me

xafier posted on Dec 16 2005 at 03:57 PM said:

Amen to that! :D on a note, am I the only one thats not interested in GBA emulation? I don't even know of any good games for it they all seem either shite or remakes to me

I don't know of anything really any good to play on it either, I bought my brother a remake of Need for Speed:porsche Unleashed that is really 3D, it is okay.

I would like to see what emulation could do for that (I don't have a clue how to get a rom though), he has a GBA NLU and a GBA SP FLU, I think the GP2X has a much better screen.

I really am interested in GBC though, it had Oracle of Ages and Oracle of seasons.

I wish we could get EA to license a port of all the Need for Speeds up to Hot Pursuit (or maybe High Stakes, but that sucked.)

Those ran on a 233mhz pentium with no 3d card, with windows hogging all the resources, I am sure we could get a kick ass port if we could convince them to let the people who made the GBA versions do it.

I think a straight port would be awesome for retro's sake, besides we need a cool 3d racing game.

xafier posted on Dec 16 2005 at 10:57 PM said:

There are many great non-remakes for the GBA. You should try some of them or you'll be missing some really great titles :)

xafier posted on Dec 16 2005 at 04:57 PM said:

sonic battle is one of the best GBA games imho, and pretty much unique to the system.

someone please prove me wrong, i'd love to play another game as deep and well polished as sonic battle :)

xafier said:
am I the only one thats not interested in GBA emulation? I don't even know of any good games for it they all seem either shite or remakes to me

There are some brilliant games, quite a lot of them in fact.

But it's so cheap to pick up a used GBA and an SD supercard adapter (to share SDs with your GP2X) that it makes sense to just play on the original hardware.

Advance Wars. Point proven.

And whoever said about Oracle of Seasons on the GBC emulator, I can't get it to work. Nor can I get Final Fantasy IV or Mario Allstars to work on SNES. Megadrive and Quake work brilliantly though.

nubie posted on Dec 16 2005 at 11:11 PM said:
Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 16 2005 at 02:59 PM said:
6fps are pretty slow! However with a bit of luck and 280mhz we might be able to see it running in realtime, someday :)

I think we might even get by at 100mhz or less!

The GBA only runs on a sub 20mhz ARM processor,

I see what you're thinking, however VBA is nothing to take that easy... You need a decent PC to play it at FS0(CPU 700mhz+). I don't know the details, but the ARM CPU is should not be taken lightly.

perhaps a completely new written for the gp2x might run at 100mhz. But as long as we need at least 200mhz to run NES(4mhz cpu afaik) at FS0, I don't see that happen ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back