Gadget audio issues

Neelix

Insecticidal Maniac
I've been trying to the the gadget audio driver working over the last day or so, but have hit a snag that I was hoping someone could help me with. I've not managed to find munch information on the use of this driver with google.

The point of this exercise is to make the Pandora act as a USB sound card for another machine. (via the OTG port) The headphone socket in my netbook has broken, and considering the excellent sound hardware in the Pandora it seemed like an interesting thing to try.

I was able to successfully load the driver with this command:

Code:
sudo modprobe g_audio fn_play=/dev/audio

It works to an extent, but when I play sound from the netbook there is a frequent almost regular clicking sound every second or two.

I tried increasing the buffer size with the audio_buf_size parameter, but it didn't seem to make much difference, and setting it too large causes the pandora to freeze.

Thats the other thing I've experienced a lot while playing with this driver, if it doesn't like the parameters the pandora freezes once a USB connection has been established. (that includes omission of the fn_play parameter)

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get better results?

Edit: I forgot to mention, I'm running SuperZaxxon 1.5 Beta 5a and the 3.2.17 kernel

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure, but I suspect that if you are running the gadget audio driver, you will have to pause/stop whatever else is previously running on the Pandora that provides desktop/application audio .. also, make sure that you've got the proper sample rate set and so on.

Very interested in this, personally - I've written a few synthesizers for the Pandora, and the last time I looked at getting Gadget-Audio integration with these apps, it wasn't working as well as you've described. Next time I get a chance, I'll look into this as well, because - how awesome would it be if the Pandora could be 'totally integrated' as a musical instrument into a larger DAW ..

Back