MAME4ALL, sound issues

pcp

Still Fresh
I were just wondering if MAME4ALL still had sound issues (popping/skipping)? Is the emulator still being worked on?

It's obvious that the sound stuttering/crackling is related to vsync.

MAMEUIFX32 for Windows has an option called "Synchronize audio with video" which pitches the sound so it syncs with the video (and eliminates all crackling/popping sounds). I've used this feature on two arcade cabinets I've built and you won't even notice that the sound is slightly pitched to sync with the video (except for a very few games with unusual refresh rates).

The source code for MAMEUIFX is located here. Maybe this feature can be ported from MAMEUIFX32 to MAME4ALL?

So .. all the l33t Pandy coders on this forum; .. - GO! :)

No comments or anything on this issue? Is the emulator still being worked on BTW?

Yes, the sound issues are still there, although the majority of games don't appear to have any trouble. I'm not sure it's related to vsync though; AFAIK it still happens with vsync turned off. Personally I'm not working on it right now, but the sources are out there and I'd be more than happy to merge any good patches ;-)

I hadn't noticed the new releases and was very pleased with the obvious improvements in the games I tried last night and tend to play. All sound great now. Nice emu SteveM many thanks :)

Back