Fyi: Pandora Order Information *action Required*

Hwrd

Website
Visit site
Figured I would post, just in case any other people from Canada are wondering about their status.

Will reorder upon receipt of refund.... looking forward to new tiny toys!!!

Looks like I got a refund or they processed payment today, no mail. I'm in the US, NY.....it looks more like a refund as the amount is in ( ). Maybe the bank is faster than they are at the moment?

I got my email recently, too. But can anyone answer what that means in terms of where we are in line? People have gotten emails almost a month ago, so does that mean the people getting it now are WAY back in line and won't see a Pandora for about forever?

No refund yet, it's been almost a week. :(

Yrx said:
I got my email recently, too. But can anyone answer what that means in terms of where we are in line? People have gotten emails almost a month ago, so does that mean the people getting it now are WAY back in line and won't see a Pandora for about forever?

Refunds were done geographically, i.e. UK -> Europe -> Others, independent of order order. Afaik your spot in the line stays the same if you reorder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yrx said:

Don't worry yet - it can take a week or sometimes a day or two longer. If you haven't got it by then email them for sure.

javaJake said:
There's a thread for this already, isn't there?
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=45133

Not really. I specifically wanted to quickly communicate with those closer to home, as I myself spent enough time searching through threads before to see what happened where.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread process. Sorry if that's the way you see it.

Hope this helps.

javaJake said:
Just one? I made my suggestion elsewhere. ;)
TaG said:
paddy said:
hello ,can i ask the great devs of the board a request for moving all of the threds related to credit cards,reorders,complaints,worries and so on to a secure seperate thred and enforce rules on writing
threds/posts in the wrong place.
Bloody good idea. Then when it's all over they can just hide that entire section. <_<

TaG said:
javaJake said:
Just one? I made my suggestion elsewhere. ;)
TaG said:
paddy said:
hello ,can i ask the great devs of the board a request for moving all of the threds related to credit cards,reorders,complaints,worries and so on to a secure seperate thred and enforce rules on writing
threds/posts in the wrong place.
Bloody good idea. Then when it's all over they can just hide that entire section. <_<

Yes, please do.

Still no email for me; no easy way to find out of there was a refund (I'm not going to call a CC company every day to ask :), so hopefully an email comes through :) But I am not over-worried.. craig and crew will take care of things and in order..

jeff

skeezix said:
Still no email for me; no easy way to find out of there was a refund (I'm not going to call a CC company every day to ask :), so hopefully an email comes through :) But I am not over-worried.. craig and crew will take care of things and in order..

jeff
And you've already got your toy to play with, and I'm not envious at all. :D Anyway, it's been ages since you posted an update... ;) j-k

well, we are talking about a real device with a case, antenna, and so on; what I have is a dev kit on loan :) I'm certainly still in line for the real thing :) (Don't be jealous ... you're just going to get a working device, not spend how many weeks getting it to that stage ;)

jeff

got my email today.

I thought I was safe. :(

Thing is I don't remember if I paid with my old CC # or my new renewed CC.

Sux.

EDIT: Canada here.

if you kept the original email (i wouldnt see a reason to have deleted that)
then the CC you ordered with is listed in the reciept.

hope that helps, i had the same question before doing just that.

I paid 367 USD, was refunded 304 USD. Hope when I reorder won't have to pay the 367 again! Yes, I'm aware of exchange rates and all that, but they may change again before we can order.

indo said:
I paid 367 USD, was refunded 304 USD. Hope when I reorder won't have to pay the 367 again! Yes, I'm aware of exchange rates and all that, but they may change again before we can order.
I believe any increased prices during the re-order process (due to exchange rates) on the customer's side would be seen as justified and "worth it" for the increased RAM and NAND. Therefore they're just refunding the original price on their end at current rates.

EDITED for clarity, I hope.

indo said:
Can't be...
If you were to reorder now, you'd lose only a few bucks, not 120$.
That would be way too much.

Think about it. The beagle board is 120$.

I guess we'll only lose about 40$ with this preorder. For me since it is in Canada, if I do not reorder, I'll probably make a profit with the current exchange rates. We'll see in 3-4 days. :(

Back