Futurness!

ScummVM IS out to download.
Hopefully boot time will be reduced when the firmware source is released. Just a side effect of Linux unfortunately.

unless there is a real "firmware" made specifically for the gp2x, dont expect to see better boot times. linux is a full operating system - it needs to load drivers, modules, libs and lots of other things. a firmware has all that incorperated.

hm ... ok ... there are things you have to try.

1. Get GP2xMame ... with it you can play a few NeoGeoMVS Games with sound and 100% Speed. MetalSlug is to big, but you can play something like AeroFighters2u3 (SonicWings), Fatalfury and PuzzleBobble.

2. Get the new Duke3D version ... it seems to me, that you tried the first Version which only played the 1.3D and 1.4 version. The new one only has problems with the unofficial 1.7D Version ... the dirty rest is working. Get a 100% Working Shareware-Version here: ftp://ftp.3drealms.com/share/3dduke13.zip

3. A few working roms are: MegaManX, SuperMarioWorld, Secret of Mana, Super Mario Allstars, FZero, Super R Type.

WOAH! now THATS what i call a post! Thanks very much. I will try out mame now, i have all mame stuff right up to this very latest update! its a shame star wars trilogy dont work on mame yet! (on pc that is! haw haw haw!)
im downloading the duke 3d link! and i hope it doesnt have floating monsters! ;) i tried super mario all stars, but its a grand shame all the graphics go funny on the intro etc. And i get no sound either... oh well.

I LOVE sonic wings! is it true that shock troopers works too? how you mean "metal slug is too big", something to do with streaming and access of the amount of memory the 2x has, too much data too less memory? Does this mean that metal slug will NEVER worK? NOO!

GpDogg posted on Feb 5 2006 at 07:14 PM said:
I would play (dott) on pc, but when you have half life 2, quake 4, battlefield 2 and doom 3 on pc its hard to open up dott and complete.

*sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:
Back