Capcom Cps2 And Neo Geo

GpDogg

I am wondering, now with programs like the lcd tweaker allowing you to overclock the cpu, and all that kind of stuff.. how long before we see neo geo mvs/aes games and capcom cps2 games on the 2x?

So far, its not huge bound from my old gp32... but what i like about the 2x is everything! Colour, buttons, sound, mine got stereo sound from day 1.. there are things which need to be ironed out, but at least you CAN iron them out, unlike most other handhelds like the *insert name of console here*.

The thing which will make the 2x amazing for me, wouldnt be mame, coz i can only play space invaders for SO long.. Metal Slug is the type of game i just wanna turn on and play from level 1 onwards, and imagine xmen vs streetfighters action on that screen! I just love those games. But drmd, at 200mhz STILL has to run at fskp 1 to get good sound etc. Just how good do you think the above would take to get going in a good state, like drmdx is now.

If this is a noob question, sorry, im a noob to forums and devs.. im just wondering what to look forward to. not "psx is now playable at 2fps!!" i mean "Yes, i personally am working half of my indonesian slaves to the bone to get the neo geo emulator out, expect it in march"

You know, that kind of thing ;)

Have you checked the GP2X dev wiki? It has a lot of good info and approximations along the lines of what you are probably looking for. Google gp2x wiki, should be the first one.

i was just making up a quote as an example of stuff id LIKE to hear, NOT (as example quote) PSX emu runs at 2fps..

Sorry about that.

But i see that u feel like i feel! Excited about when a neo geo thing will be out.

I checked the wiki, says that its very likely to happen, just wanted to know, from possibly a coder how they would go about it, and what their conception/perceptions of it would be i.e the neo geo mvs/aes and capcom cps2 emulators.

;)

There is a neo geo CD emulator that runs Metal Slug at full speed if you use the lcd tweaker program and bump up the speed to about 275mhz.

275?! is that safe? i read the instructions and it said 266 is like the safe mhz.. well, im not going to tweak THAT much, and i think i will wait til metal slug is full screen and with full sound, may be a while, but its not the same without "HEAVY MACHINE GUN!" voice!

Seems safe to me I've played a good 12+ hrs at 275mhz and no ill effects on my gp2x. And it's full screen (don't know why you'd think it wouldn't be).

Back