Full Speed Nes Emu With Scaling Options?

marioweezer

Still Fresh
Hi everyone.

Sorry for the post but I've been out of the Pandora loop. I'm basically wondering if a NES emu is available for the Pandora yet that's full speed with scaling options?

Thanks for your help.

I think it depends what scaling options you're after. :p

As far as full-speed goes, does GPFCE-GP2X (GINGE-wrapped) suit?

I haven't tried the NES emulators, but you might want to have a look at the Wiki's software lists to get up-to-speed on what has been released. The one for emulators is here:
http://pandorawiki.org/Emulator_list

Short answer, no.

The best you can do is use the ginge-wrapped gpfce. That is full speed, high compatibility, and the software horizontal scaling works. It won't fill pandora's widescreen, but it will stretch the screen from the native 8:7 output to the 'intended' 4:3 ratio.

I also look for a perfect NES emulator for the Pandora. So far there's no one IMO. With perfect I do not only mean full speed and high compatibility, also hardware scaling and perfect vsync. The latter I really miss.

johnnysnet said:
I also look for a perfect NES emulator for the Pandora. So far there's no one IMO. With perfect I do not only mean full speed and high compatibility, also hardware scaling and perfect vsync. The latter I really miss.

Although its not optimized, I just released a port of mednafen that runs nes full speed with hardware scaling and perfect vsync. You can also toggle the scaling to use a 4:3 aspect ratio if you prefer. I found that it needs a little bit of overclock (about 650 mhz) to run full speed at all times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alerino said:
pder, thanks a lot, pandora gaming experience gets better and better,
do you think stretching will be possible? Mame4All has the feature, maybe you can use the code, i'm a noob in that field.

It can't be too hard to put in HW stretch to full screen. It's just a matter or priorities for the dev.

I'll probably switch to mednafen for my NES emulation because of 4:3 scaling and perfect vsync, though I have to admit I like having cheats in FCE ultra (which I think the PC version of mednafen also does).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back