Fsoftware (fcol,fsms...)

christo930

When I try to make the games go to auto speed with speed throttle on they speed up and drop frames, alot of frames and run at like 10x the right speed. Otherwise the games run too fast or too slow, is there anyway to get them the right speed? It appears to happen to all the emulators with this option that are by the guy who names them with an F first

All of the "f" emulators are written by the amazing rlyeh. While I haven't actually looked at the auto-frameskip code, I am guessing it doesn't go below 0 for the frameskip. This means that portions of the game which has unusually high FPS will cause the game to seem to run "too fast". Additionally, FS is only an approximate - it still may cause some parts of the game to run too slow. I'm pretty sure the math used for auto-FS isn't TOO complex, since the more complex the math, the more time it takes to compute. If the emulator has an overclocking option, try setting it higher then 133MHz and using FS 0 all the time. You can't expect emulators written for a handheld to run like they would on a desktop computer - the GP32 doesn't even have 1/10th of the processing power of the average desktop.

generalnmx posted on Sep 4 2004 at 04:03 PM said:
All of the "f" emulators are written by the amazing rlyeh. While I haven't actually looked at the auto-frameskip code, I am guessing it doesn't go below 0 for the frameskip. This means that portions of the game which has unusually high FPS will cause the game to seem to run "too fast". Additionally, FS is only an approximate - it still may cause some parts of the game to run too slow. I'm pretty sure the math used for auto-FS isn't TOO complex, since the more complex the math, the more time it takes to compute. If the emulator has an overclocking option, try setting it higher then 133MHz and using FS 0 all the time. You can't expect emulators written for a handheld to run like they would on a desktop computer - the GP32 doesn't even have 1/10th of the processing power of the average desktop.

But most of them have problems with the game running too fast at fs 0. The coleco and sms both run way too fast on fs 0, the problem isn't speeding them up it slowing them down. Like play frogger for colecvision with fs 0 and the music is playing at least 2x as fast, when you turn on the sync, it runs about 10x faster.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
generalnmx posted on Sep 4 2004 at 04:03 PM said:
All of the "f" emulators are written by the amazing rlyeh.

ported by the amazing rlyeh ;)

Aiken

Last edited by a moderator:
Back