Frustrated beyond belief

but they forgot to put in the carry case which I paid for :/

Seriously. What kind of company does not check what was ordered before shipping stuff ? And it's not like you are the first one to report these kind of things...

Anyway, i hope you enjoy the Pandora at least.

It's a lack of admin and poor organisational skills.

Most places print out invoices so they can check against what is going to be dispatched. When you don't draw up invoices mistakes tend to be fairly frequent. If it is a place that had large orders they might print one out as a checking slip.

Ever order something and on the invoice it has checked by and you can see a tick in pencil against each item? How many times have you received an invoice like that and something wrong with your order? Not once has it happened to me.

Open Pandora really needs to implement some protocols when it comes to taking payments, processing orders, and dispatching items. It is painfully obvious to outsiders that they do not have any in place which is why mistakes are frequent and things get lost and forgotten. My entire payment process occurred over PM and that just shouldn't happen.

Ever order something and on the invoice it has checked by and you can see a tick in pencil against each item? How many times have you received an invoice like that and something wrong with your order? Not once has it happened to me.

Totally agree and this is the first time I see these kind of things as well. And this has nothing to do with cc, with refunds getting in the way and so on: it's just people being very BADLY organized and who cannot obviously run a business straight. At least ED gets things right and continuously improves (his ticket system is working very well, just got a dispatching email for something I ordered in dragonbox + he provides updates very often in the boards as well).

There's one thing that could improve significantly the image of dysfunctional shops: better systems and better communication (i.e. PRO-active). And in the age of Internet, these two things cost like NOTHING, so there really is not excuse at all.

I think the Open Pandora needs some more serious cash flow before we should expect rigorous order processing, to hire and keep on QA...

But I certainly agree the request for more and better communication is a fair one.

I think the Open Pandora needs some more serious cash flow before we should expect rigorous order processing, to hire and keep on QA...

But I certainly agree the request for more and better communication is a fair one.

I am not talking about implementing some expensive CRM system.

This is the basics getting their protocol right, you could even do it with pen and paper. You can't throw I.T and software at problems and expect them to fix issues when you don't have your fundamentals right. I have seen so many businesses make this mistake. I.T will never fix an issue if your basics are broken, they can however assist you in changing how you operate to the correct way but if you aren't willing to implement proper protocols you might as well not spend a cent.

Craig might think it saves time running the adhoc system however he doesn't. Now he has to send out another package which cost's money and time. For instance he has to check what I actually paid and whether it was missing and also all the questions I ask because I was a bit skeptical to begin with since my order was entirely handled by a PM and I received no invoice or receipt Whenever someone has a question about a queue position or order it takes them a lot of time to trace it down. So much of his time and money is wasted fixing the mistakes of his current system.

That's why with proper protocols you actually reduce the questions customers will make since you will be feeding them the information they need as it happens, it also gives them confidence in your system and saves time since if someone is emailed straight away or that day their order was sent, they are generally more patient than customers who have to chase up where there order is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, but I wasn't talking about an expensive CRM either. I was talking about QA people who will check the orders before they go out.

Look, ED and Craig both have full time jobs that don't involve the Pandora, iCP, or whatever, at least that is my understanding. If I believe that and look at my own life -- I could see maybe having spare time to work on a project like this. Maybe. Because after the girlfriend, family, chores and life maintenance, and oh don't forget time to game (which I hardly do anymore), I would be close to overbooked.

Hence they would need other people, to process checklists and follow a robotic system that they don't naturally adhere to. Some people are more organized than others, and again don't forget that Craig has taken a lot of flak on this project (even though he may very well deserve it), the morale begins to wane and sometimes I frankly wonder how it is they've hung on this long. I'm grateful they have, despite the problems.

I'm not saying they can't improve -- you're right I am sure, they can. It's just that this is a side project for them, and they are human.

I agree, but I wasn't talking about an expensive CRM either. I was talking about QA people who will check the orders before they go out.

Look, ED and Craig both have full time jobs that don't involve the Pandora, iCP, or whatever, at least that is my understanding. If I believe that and look at my own life -- I could see maybe having spare time to work on a project like this. Maybe. Because after the girlfriend, family, chores and life maintenance, and oh don't forget time to game (which I hardly do anymore), I would be close to overbooked.

Hence they would need other people, to process checklists and follow a robotic system that they don't naturally adhere to. Some people are more organized than others, and again don't forget that Craig has taken a lot of flak on this project (even though he may very well deserve it), the morale begins to wane and sometimes I frankly wonder how it is they've hung on this long. I'm grateful they have, despite the problems.

I'm not saying they can't improve -- you're right I am sure, they can. It's just that this is a side project for them, and they are human.

They don't need a QA team that's my point.

Poor organisation and no protocols leads to more work not less. They have had 4 years to work on improving it yet it has stayed the same. The time taken with my order and the stuff up would easily cost him more money and time than drawing up and invoice and ticking across from it. Not to mention how these stuff up's look for his company.

Sorry but invoices are a requirement of business. Using an invoice to confirm what someone has paid and what you are sending out is just smart. Craig just throwing shit into a box to send out from memory is just asking for trouble. Mistakes are happening far to frequently for anyone to say that what he is doing is working. Not sure about the UK but where I am they is a legal requirement for them.

It's just laziness, however it's misplaced. As sorting these things out saves time and creates less work.

Well if he failed to invoice, then I agree that is unacceptable. Sorry if I missed that part. It's just that you spoke of checklists, if I were one of the four I don't think I'd have time to fill out checklists other than the ones in my head.

Craig might think it saves time running the adhoc system however he doesn't. Now he has to send out another package which cost's money and time.

Plus, since he gets units for free from ED's shop now, along with the donations that people are making, this is really a shame he does not pay attention not to waste ANY dollar on the table anymore, such as stuff like that. That's basically the same as throwing a 10 dollars donation down the drain, and at this stage it's simply disrespectful for all who are supporting this project.

... And in the age of Internet, these two things cost like NOTHING, so there really is not excuse at all.

I´m not sure I agree with that, such costs time, and that is the most expensive currency there is.

I understand Kasp´s criticism but I understand this is a small operation with people doing things wearing multiple hats. Patience is a must.

I´m not sure I agree with that, such costs time, and that is the most expensive currency there is.

I understand Kasp´s criticism but I understand this is a small operation with people doing things wearing multiple hats. Patience is a must.
Meh, costs more time fixing all your issues after they occur. Depending on the number of outstanding orders, it shouldn't take too long to open up a spreadsheet and have Order Number, Name, and What they ordered (a day or two). Then when they have things ready to ship, it's a simple case of checking against the spreadsheet, and deleting/colouring the row to indicate shipment. It'll also mean they can provide numbers of outstanding orders.

Sure, nobody's expecting them to ship a million units in 24 hours, but that's not what we're talking here.

yep, it does cost more in the future, but that does not make time appears in the present, I guess that is one of the reasons banks make money :p .

It appears it would be a case of checking a simple spreadsheet, but things get complex if you wear many hats.

It is just my thinking on the subject, I am an outsider to this game and it sure is easier to think/criticize then play.

yep, it does cost more in the future, but that does not make time appears in the present, I guess that is one of the reasons banks make money :p .

It appears it would be a case of checking a simple spreadsheet, but things get complex if you wear many hats.

It is just my thinking on the subject, I am an outsider to this game and it sure is easier to think/criticize then play.

Well ED seems to have no problem to send the orders the way they were invoiced. Strange, huh ?

... And in the age of Internet, these two things cost like NOTHING, so there really is not excuse at all.

Well it's pretty simple. Someone orders a product so you draw up an invoice for them to pay and send it to them. After payment is confirmed you print out this invoice and use it to pick and pack the stock. . You then enter the delivery information, pop the invoice into the box seal it up and send it on it's way. This is the basics and by not following it it is just going to cause a whole tonne of mistakes. The problem with what Craig is doing is that every step of the way even when you are a one man show anyone who knows the system should be able to go to any step along the way and successfully complete a transaction if they follow the steps. When you leave room for errors people will make them and if he is overworked or tired you can just multiply how often.

How can the system cope with the 2000 people who ordered the icontrolpad2?

How can the system cope with the 2000 people who ordered the icontrolpad2?
Not that I have the slightest intend to defend Craig but:

The IControlpad sales went through relativly smooth, so mabye Craig learned his lessons already and you (and craig) are suffering from inherited burdens that came with the original Pandora order process ?

I think was happened is very bad. But if I would be craig, with 20K refunds, lots of debs from making the pandora and circuit co screwing up 300K dollars I gave them from debt, I would be stressed too. If I had too read thousands of emails with complaints I would get crazy and scared and would make mistakes. I think this mistakes are seen right now, like the one in your order.

I have a big respect for him managing all this stuff and make 2 new products (icp1/2). When the queues are cleared I think everything is going well and that everyone learned a lot from this.

I have a big respect for him managing all this stuff and make 2 new products (icp1/2). When the queues are cleared I think everything is going well and that everyone learned a lot from this.

Creating new projects while you have one foot in debt is not good management. If you heard any news of a businessman doing that on the news or the papers you would say they are mounting a Ponzi scheme. Can we stop the blind faith and expect decent service?

ok you got a pandora be happy now.

do some coding or porting or just play a game (try mine).

the carry case is not great or necessary anyway. don't ask about TV-out cables lol

perhaps the forum should hear from the people who have had a good experience as well.

I also had a good experience with Craig's shop and Jacquelin's support. pre-order (late), wait, upgrade to premium, received quickly, ordered 512Mb, received quickly, ordered 1Ghz, unfortunately it is on hold. I have two Pandoras and I'm very happy. Craig is having a hell of a time with this project, it's amazing that he is continuing. If ED has gone through the same variety of trouble like Craig he would be in a bad situation similar like Craig is.

I really like Craig as a person too. I'm not sure why so many people are negative to him - and it's hard to respect them.

If you were not happy with Craig's service, why not place your 2nd or 3rd orders through ED?

Anyway I hope you're enjoying your Pandora, be careful not to drop it too hard! I feel sorry for notch, broke his Pandora screen on the first day!

Back