Frodo =d

Q-Wi-Q

[Quincy Archer hates you]
Okay, I've been using my GP32 a lot lately, been playing lots of zelda on NES (littleJohn), but I decided I'd like to try a different emulator :)

and since everyone is so full of Frodo, I decided to try that one :) however I've never emulated the system, so I have no clue what to expect and what games I really have to try...

fill me in smart people!! XD

C64 is the king! Most fun system ever. But remember it's a bit older than most, and it was a computer, so don't expect too much from the games (great music though) :p

Try these games: SWIV, Action Biker, Revenge of the Mutant Camels, Great Giana Sisters, Skool Daze (haven't worked out the controls for this one yet - might need the keyboard).

Sleepwalker, Rodland and Mayhem In Monsterland are all great games, but Frodo doesn't seem to support them (yet...)

You might need to bring up the keyboard to press space, enter, run/stop, function keys occasionally, but most games will work with just the joystick. The best way to load games is to attach the disk (.d64), then load the disk browser, and press the number of the game on the keyboard. You could just try auto-loading them but it doesn't always work.

C64 emulation f*cked me over for a while. I never managed to get a single game working on Frodo until I realised how to actually use it.

The best format to get games in i've found is d64.

Choose to load the disk browser as opposed to loading the first program, and run the first named file on the list. Beside it will be a letter, so press L, bring up the virtual keyboard and press that letter.

Always first of all try using it without 1541 emulation. It's a LOT quicker, but some games need it to load.

With it enabled, expect some pretty big loading times. =\

IK+, and Bubble Bobble (until you reach the level that's impossible without a second player).

Denaris, Turrican (any Manfred Trenz shoot 'em up in fact)

Paradroid (read the instructions before you start playing! And the static hiss does go away after a while).

I've not found that many games that I couldn't get working, a while ago I put together a load of them that I tested worked fine on frodo - q-wi-q I've pm'd you a link to them, should help and save you time sussing it out

frolik posted on Apr 18 2004 at 03:30 PM said:
I've not found that many games that I couldn't get working, a while ago I put together a load of them that I tested worked fine on frodo - q-wi-q I've pm'd you a link to them, should help and save you time sussing it out
thanks, downloading it now :)

all of you: thanks! I'll look into it right now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Try the site in my signature - Theres reviews of plenty of C64 games, along with a lot of info on the worlds best selling computer. Oh and theres a cool forum too!

try Ghostbusters... still a fun game after all these years (unlike most <_< )

just remember... it's 'b' on the keyboard for your ghost bait (used to stop that fat get marshmallow man)

Back