Freshly made tv-out cable­.

JeFF

Hey guys,

As I had an ext connector + a tinyBoB lying around, I decided to make another tv-out cable, with the possibility to sell it to semeone here who might want one!

It's a composite cable, no s-video. If anyone want's it, just throw me a PM. It's about 2 meters long, silver plated. I can put that ext+tinyBoB into a usb cable housing, if desired.

Some pictures :

WP_000048.jpgWP_000049.jpgWP_000050.jpg

EDIT

Finally, I made another one this morning with my last tinyBob-Ext connector +++ I found the one I lost during holiday time!

So, here you go, 3 tv-out cables, the ones with the tinyBoB's without tape will probably go into a usb cable housing (better, looks better, feels better)

Got that snappy image for you which I've just took :

WP_000052.jpg

Still, if you want one of them, simply contact me via PM. Sending to Canada/Us would be easier, but I'm ready to ship to Europe if you want to pay the postage costs!

Have a good day sir, Here it's Go Skateboardgin Day plus my prom tomorrow night, so I'll enjoy mine!

JeFF

Last edited by a moderator:
I must congratulate you not only on the cable, but also on your superb choice of game to showcase in your photographs, good sir. ;)

Very nice indeed.

I'll be wanting one once I have a Pandora, TV-Out is a must have.

[Potentially stupid] Question about tinyBoB, not knowing hardly anything about these other than they are small break out boards for interfacing...

...Are these things specific to types of devices or do you get them pretty generic - as in have the Pandora connection side swappable with other inputs too?

One TV-Out lead that can connect to multiple hand-helds effectively?

it's still available ? and where are you... if you are in europe i'll be interested :)

Oh, I live in Canada ! And by the way guys, I just made an other one this morning with my last Ext&TinyBob.

So, got 3 of them lying here. I don't want a huge amount of $, as it did not cost me that much to get those parts. Maybe postage costs and a little amount?

Happy to see that some folks are interested in my work!

To Fzero : That tinyBoB was peca'S idea, he went to a circuitry company and got that boards out of there, works with the pandora, but all the other outputs from the EXT connector are shown on that specific diagram :

pandorovideoouta.jpg

These are used for multiple purpose, such for robotics and other weird kinda stuff, maybe pandora debugging?

For all those who PM'D me for a cable : Sorry for the delay's, I've just finished school, plus the prom plus working blabla , I really need to go see the postman.

Sorry for those sad delays, my fautl. And it's not because the cables arn't available anymore.

JeFF

Made my first tv out cable last night. I'm slightly disappointed with the results. I've got output, colour etc.. But I've got lots of ghosting on parts of the screen. Especially the light parts of the wall paper. I tried that chaos asteroids clone and there was ghosting on the enemies. I'll try take a pic later..

Anyone any ideas??

You mean the RCA cable part ? The wires I used for the tiny bob were IDE cable wires. I stripped out four wires from the flat ribbon cable.. That no good you reckon?

Plus I DONT have sound

Yep. To prevent blurry image, go buy a high quality cable : gold-plated ending with nice shielded cables inside. The better your RCa cable will be, the better image you'll get.

Made my first tv out cable last night. I'm slightly disappointed with the results. I've got output, colour etc.. But I've got lots of ghosting on parts of the screen. Especially the light parts of the wall paper. I tried that chaos asteroids clone and there was ghosting on the enemies. I'll try take a pic later..

Anyone any ideas??

Made one too yesterday, do Picodrive or Mame4all work in tv mode ?

Yep. To prevent blurry image, go buy a high quality cable : gold-plated ending with nice shielded cables inside. The better your RCa cable will be, the better image you'll get.
I'd only get gold plated if the receiving end i.e. TV has gold plating, too. If the materials differ the lesser one will oxidize a lot faster, or so I've read.

You mean the RCA cable part ? The wires I used for the tiny bob were IDE cable wires. I stripped out four wires from the flat ribbon cable.. That no good you reckon?
If there's only a short piece of unshielded there can't be too much harm done as I understand it. The majority of the cable should be shielded though.

If you have no sound AND a bad picture, it might be a short somewhere between the sound and videolines or something. Can we see the connections you have made? Maybe a picture of the bob connected to the connector upclose?

If you have no sound AND a bad picture, it might be a short somewhere between the sound and videolines or something. Can we see the connections you have made? Maybe a picture of the bob connected to the connector upclose?

I actually edited my post... I do have sound...still ghosting, bleeding of colour...

Back