Pandora TV-Out How To

infinity

So, I decided to make my last TV-Out cable, and I will document it so everyone with soldering skills can easily make his own cable, and as a little bonus I designed a simple Housing for the EXT Plug(fits the original Tyco perfectly) so if you have a Hacker space with a 3D Printer in your Neighborhood(or have an own one) you can print your own housing that fit's a little strip board and the Plug.

Here the .stl ready to Slice so you can print it http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:34176

I hope i can Solder the last Cable tomorrow, and write the TUT on Sunday.

Update: I uploaded a Tutorial PDF to Thingiverse!

If you have any Questions, just ask here in the Thread ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, a guide, maybe i can lent me a few phrases^^

btw, i Uploaded 2 Pictures to Thingiverse, it is not glued together, i just Cliped it on to the EXT-Plug and put the cable in to the back so it looks finished but it is not done yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just viewed the HowTo, but from the pictures I'm not shure what you did (or which connections do you left out).

ground - one for all, audio l/r, one for composite video? (that would be 4). But using s-video would be 2 instead of one for video and I have to use 5 cables, right?

From what I read s-video would be the better solution..

Which/how many connectioins are patched with the original cables?

Yep, right.
You need 2 Video Connections for S-Video.
It is the Video pin and the Pin below the Video Pin.

Great work! Thank you. :D

Who wants some? I will order them from Shapeways for 5,62€+PP to Hamburg/Germany. PP is 8,61€.

Back