"freeing Up" Mode7

Atari

Still Fresh
I would like to have different mode7 playfields in my game, and it seems that in order to do so, I need to call start_mode7 everytime. I've noticed, at least on the Dreamcast, that everytime I call mode7 using start_mode7, my game slows down until it's barely crawling along. I've tried stop_mode7, but no luck with that. Is there anyway to "free up" mode7 so that when I call a new one to start, it doesn't bog things down? Is there another way to change the playfield graphic without having to call start_mode7 everytime?

Thanks for any suggestions offered.

Atari posted on Dec 8 2006 at 07:50 PM said:
I would like to have different mode7 playfields in my game, and it seems that in order to do so, I need to call start_mode7 everytime. I've noticed, at least on the Dreamcast, that everytime I call mode7 using start_mode7, my game slows down until it's barely crawling along. I've tried stop_mode7, but no luck with that. Is there anyway to "free up" mode7 so that when I call a new one to start, it doesn't bog things down? Is there another way to change the playfield graphic without having to call start_mode7 everytime?

Thanks for any suggestions offered.
Hmm, can you send your example? when I use mode7 it doesn't slow down at all on GP2x stopping and starting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back