outrun pce

sensible GP32

ok this game Will not work full speed?

has anybody else had any luck with it?

and another thing there is the game called Bullfight! , how sweet does that sound! very thats what i thought.

NE WAY it just crashes everytime you load up that sun of a bitch, has anybody else got it to work?.

ok this game Will not work full speed?

has anybody else had any luck with it?

and another thing there is the game called Bullfight! , how sweet does that sound! very thats what i thought.

NE WAY it just crashes everytime you load up that sun of a bitch, has anybody else got it to work?.
i didnt think it was that bad :unsure:

Just dont look at the MAME version on ya pc!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean the game won't run at full speed? Because I think it's fine, outrun was never that fast.

Or do you mean you can't get the car to go full speed? Because you have to shift to high gear by pressing down.

um ive seen it run alot faster.

plus the music is propper slow.

i know how to change the shift im not an idiot, i was brought up on outrun its in my blood :)

You can get it running at a muh better speed if you turn the frameskip up, yes. And the SMS version runs fine :)

If you're desperate try the C64 version.....uuuuuuurgh :)

outrun "scrolls" smoothly on my GPEngine, the soundtrack however sounds too slow. i think this has always been the case with the PC Engine version of outrun. you can always turn the sound down and get the audio soundtrack of outrun (i have it on cd) playing through a separate stereo

Outrun runs WAAAAY too slow, just check the time counter in the game, it takes like 2-4 seconds for it to count one second. Even at really high frameskip it is nowhere near full speed.
There are a few other games that run slow (like Parasol Stars) but most other games run very well at frameskip 1 (30fps)

Outrun runs WAAAAY too slow, just check the time counter in the game, it takes like 2-4 seconds for it to count one second. Even at really high frameskip it is nowhere near full speed.
There are a few other games that run slow (like Parasol Stars) but most other games run very well at frameskip 1 (30fps)
it's hard to say if this is slow emulation or whether the original games run on PCE like that. does anybody own a PCE?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back