Freedo On The Gp2x Soon!

geise69

Over at http://dreamcast.dcemu.co.uk/ it look like the author of the 3DO emulator just released a Dreamcast version and is now working on a GP2X port. I'm not sure how well the emu will run on the GP2X, but the fact that it's being ported is quite nice. I wish the author and others helping with this port the best of luck.

Oh man, best news these days! :)
It's just the idea of having road rash, burning soldier or Killing Time portable.I'd say for great devs (and one look on freedo.org tells us, they ARE) maybe half-speed is doable!!

And I'm glad to see them working on a gp2x-port and not on a psp-port.....
Anyway the 3DO is one of the best consoles out there :D :D

Haha, I remember getting really excited when this first came up, but eventually the thread was closed cause it just looked like vapourware. I really hope it happens this time. Adding 3DO to the list of emulators would just be great!

sardaukar posted on Feb 28 2007 at 04:10 PM said:
Sadly, I don't think this will have a good performance on the '2X ...
The autor said some months ago that arm60 will run natively in GP2X arm920.Maybe it will help the emu to run fullspeed.
Time will tell. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rivroner posted on Feb 28 2007 at 03:23 PM said:
sardaukar posted on Feb 28 2007 at 04:10 PM said:
Sadly, I don't think this will have a good performance on the '2X ...
The autor said some months ago that arm60 will run natively in GP2X arm920.Maybe it will help the emu to run fullspeed.
Time will tell. :)

Quickie from Wikipedia :

Display

* Anti-aliased 640x480 pixel resolution displayed on-screen, upsampled from 320x240 or 320x480 internal resolution with either 16 bit palettized color (from 24 bits) or 24 bit truecolor. [2]
* Two accelerated video co-processors capable of producing 9-16 million pixels per second (36-64 megapix/s interpolated), distorted, scaled, rotated and texture mapped

That's what I'm talking about. :D But by all means, I'll test it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I made another thread that tells some important info in the first post. Hopefully these will be merged. I didn't mean to hijack anyone's post..

Oh man, I cant wait to see this and go through the testing phase. The 3DO was such an amazing console
with some quality games like the original Need for Speed, Return Fire, Space Hulk, rebel Assault and Captain Quasar, to name a few. Happy days. :D

One problem sits in my brain, the 3DO on paper and in practice was more powerful than the PSX (which is nowhere near playable, yet :( ). Just compare NFS on both systems. So it seems unlikely that it will be playable also.

Anyway, I so hope that this is real and possible.

btw
Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Arcade Perfect) anyone?

I, @one time or another owned all three variants and still have some of my collection of games.

bye for now...

Back