Freecell2x Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
johnnysnet released an already pretty good version of Freecell for the gp2x.

freec2x.png

The game has been coded using GLBasic. Be sure to leave some feedback and bugreports (if you find any) :)

Download: Freecell2x

sapien said:
Solitaire again, God damn it.
Good job though.
Why is there such animosity shown towards card games on the GP2X? How many are there? Two?

I'm not a card game fanatic, but it is nice to have traditional games to play alongside emulators, FPSs and arcade games. Variety is the spice of life, remember.

There's definitely a market on the GP2X for a complete card game suite similar to the GBA Ultimate Card Games, and a similar Sudoku suite (the one in the archive has a bad human interface and it's incomplete).

I think this game is well made and enoyable to play.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
...and this freecell here is nearly complete bugfree, compared to the old Freecell Beta from Pota. ;)
I like this little game here.

The game looks nice, however the graphics for the J, Q, and K cards could use some sharpening. It seems most other GP2X card games just screenshot those specific cards from the Windows variants of the game. Taking special care on that front would really set your game apart and give it a more polished look. :)

sapien said:
Solitaire again, God damn it.
Good job though.
Tsk tsk tsk, you could use some manners. Or a good solid beating :)

(or both)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this version of Freecell, I love the user interface and the graphics, to me, are just fine. Great job!

The only thing I could think to add is a small .PNG icon so the program looks pretty in the app menus.

Doesn't look pretty in TV-out mode. Any chance it could be amended with the suitable runtime code to make it look nice in TV out mode please??

Back