Which hardware do you own?

• GP32

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GP2X

• Both GP32 and GP2X

• Total voters

If the percentages are representative of the community as a whole, there are a lot more developers out there than I would have expected.

Probably all 30 developers have voted and most of the non-devs can't be arsed :)

I still plan to dev - trying (unsuccessfully) to get sdk setup under linux :(
Don't have svn installed so trying to handbuild stuff..
Already code lots in Allegro, so that'll be where my interest lies.

Kev

The weather has been pretty good. It gets really cold at night though, as we drive cattle on the edge of a desert. I'm actually looking forward to getting a proper desk job with like a stapler and pen tidy thingy.

Topic: I'm going to try and fix my GP32 as soon as I get the red dust out of it and hopefully contribute more to this site soon :)

I came when the GP2X was anounced, and I think were taking pre-orders.

i got my GP32 FLU just after GPEngine released. Spring 2002? have i really had it that long? wow...

watching the scene for maybe a year and change before that (i guess since GP32 was pretty new). anyway, i have been watching the GP2X scene with a fairly keen eye since, as well.. and some guys in my office have picked them up as well, but a few things have kept me from adopting. batt life, joystick (usual) but most of all $$. Between my GBA micro and GP32 (with DrMD and Mame) it feels like i am already very covered for games. If/When GP2X gets literally "perfect" SNES emulation (to the degree and ease of use as there is with DrMD) then I'll probably think about it more honestly, but in the meantime I am more than happy with what I already have.

If GPX Kids (or whatever it's called) isn't retardedly small and they manage to get GP32 apps running on that thing then I might sign up for that instead. I like GBA Micro-sized devices the best, it seems..

ralp99 posted on Sep 20 2006 at 05:11 PM said:
i got my GP32 FLU just after GPEngine released. Spring 2002? have i really had it that long? wow...

watching the scene for maybe a year and change before that (i guess since GP32 was pretty new). anyway, i have been watching the GP2X scene with a fairly keen eye since, as well.. and some guys in my office have picked them up as well, but a few things have kept me from adopting. batt life, joystick (usual) but most of all $$. Between my GBA micro and GP32 (with DrMD and Mame) it feels like i am already very covered for games. If/When GP2X gets literally "perfect" SNES emulation (to the degree and ease of use as there is with DrMD) then I'll probably think about it more honestly, but in the meantime I am more than happy with what I already have.

If GPX Kids (or whatever it's called) isn't retardedly small and they manage to get GP32 apps running on that thing then I might sign up for that instead. I like GBA Micro-sized devices the best, it seems..
:lol: Same here, man. I really only want a system that claims that it can have a fullspeed snes emu, to actually have a fullspeed snes emu by a year.

@lizard808uk, it sounds like your a cowboy or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back