Flu Light Not Working

Protoss

Website
eatsleepgame.com
I turned my Gamepark on today after getting home from school and my FLU's light wasn't working :( I then followed the guide on reloded.com to take it apart, but found nothing out of the ordinary... :( :blink: Anyone got some stuff I could try to get the light working again? My poor GP's been thru hell and back, a bad flash, then the DC Adapter slot going haywire, requiring a piece-o-paper to be put in there, and now its light going out...Never knew this handheld would be such a hassle. I really wanna have the light working for my plane ride to Wisconsin this x-mas.

Thnx, Protoss

Uh oh... seems like an other dead FLU light problem... Many people had the same problem as you... Please enjoy you new Unlit GP32!

Seriously I am really sorry but I don't think you can do something about it execpt vhange the light in it (I never found one that was long enough to cover all the screen)...

Maybe you could buy a messed up one and switch the FLU light in.
I doubt it.

EDIT: Maybe you should check if it's the FLU switch doing it.
Bypass the switch maybe (make it permenantly on)

And I've heard of them suddenly working again after sitting
without being used for a while.

I had the same problem about 4 months ago. I tried everything to get it to work. Eventually I replaced the resistor on the flu light switch and it has been working ever since.

V3X posted on Dec 14 2004 at 05:55 AM said:
hmmmmm..... have u ttried replacing the batteries??????

btw tamorris, where about in oz do u live?

Brisbane,Queensland.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found some topics, all saying to leave it on for a bit. I unsoldered the FLU switch wires, so I am trying to temporarily keep those still, but dont exactly remember where they went. They came un soldered from the PCB, does the black goto 'T7' and the red goto 'T1'? I've got the ends of those 2 wires bare if there is another workaround to this.
Make that 3 wires that have been unsoldered :( I think I've gotten it put together by using some electric tape, but dunno if it will hold for long, I might just have to wait till my dad gets home, since I dont know how to work a solder :ph34r:

Ok, I soldered the wires back to where they were supposed to go, but no dice :( I dunno what I could do, other than replace the whole thing...Please, anyone, suggest something that could have gone wrong!

Now my GP has almost dies completely. The A button will not work at all, I am running it bare right now, and trying everything to get a connection for the A button, but yet again, no dice. :angry: So to total the damages, I've got a non-lit gp32_console who won't run off batteries w/o a piece of paper stuffed in the DC Adapter slot, and doesn't have a working A button. I still want to get as much as I can out of it, which is music, but I am using Slubman's firmware. It has an option to autoboot, but I don't think there is a config file for the firmware...and A is the only way to save the config. Or is there a workaround to this? I am really desperate, and if anyone wants to buy the GP, I'll be willing to sell around January, unless it magically fixes itself <_< Has anyone else had such bizarre luck with this sweet handheld?

Ok, since this thread has become a ramble for my latest GP troubles, I'll give some updates. Now it will play my music from SvOrbis just fine, but the 'A' button won't work at all. Anyone got similar problems? Is my PCB going out? Or is there something I could try to get my GP working again? Would someone with a GP with a broken LCD be willing to sell theirs to me?

Thnx, Protoss

Ok now I am getting desperate. I want to play some of this new stuff, but w/o a backlight, or more importantly an 'A' button, it is almost impossible. Would anyone wanna take this GP off my hands? Or could anyone give me a good PCB that I could just trade out? All I need is one that works without a hitch, I don't need and LCD or FLU Light, although I'd like a light included. Anyone gotta gp32_console with a busted LCD and want me to take it off their hands?

Thnx, Protoss

I know exactly how you feel mate. My FLU isn't working either :angry: . Although mine never has.

Whenever I press the 'front light' button at the back, the screen will brighten up a bit (as in the actual LCD screen's brightness itself) but there is no light whatsoever coming from the supposed external 'Front Light' that it has. If I try it in the dark there is absolutely no light coming from it at all.

I bought mine off Ebay a while ago and I was quite disappointed with it to say the least, but when I first got it I didn't know what the FLU bit actually meant, so therefore couldn't complain to the guy I bought it off! :blink:

I would be most grateful if anyone knew of a way of fixing it though! I have taken it apart and took the screen off it etc. and when I touch the protector screen at the bottom of the light bit I can feel that it gets quite hot when the switch is on, but, no light! Doh!! :(

Ok now I am getting desperate. I want to play some of this new stuff, but w/o a backlight, or more importantly an 'A' button, it is almost impossible. Would anyone wanna take this GP off my hands? Or could anyone give me a good PCB that I could just trade out? All I need is one that works without a hitch, I don't need and LCD or FLU Light, although I'd like a light included. Anyone gotta gp32_console with a busted LCD and want me to take it off their hands?

Thnx, Protoss

How much would you sell it for ?

Last edited by a moderator:
My front light stopped working within 24 hours of receiving the unit. In fact the FL button became an "instant crash" button.. the screen would go all crazy bright and flickery and then it would lock up. I have a BLU now.

Back