Flipir - New Homebrew Puzzle Game

drodd

Still Fresh
The game of "Lights Out", either one of the most mathematically logical puzzle games ever, or one of the most utterly annoying...depending upon who you ask. :)

Click here to download from the GP2x.de archives

flipir1.jpg

flipir2.jpg

flipir3.jpg

flipir4.jpg

When the game starts, a visible-light image of the Universe will appear, split into 25 tiles. Then a random assortment of the tiles will flip to infrared views of the same image. The object is to continue trying to flip all of the tiles into the infrared, ending up with a complete infrared view of the original visible-light image!

When a single tile is clicked, it will flip from infrared to visible or vice-versa. In addition, the four tiles immediately surrounding it (above, below, left, and right) will also flip. Hit the start button (F100) or click in the left-hand area (F200) to access the in-game menu.

This game was programmed using the excellent GLBasic (see GLBasic's website).

Great little game, nicely polished and suitably infuriating. Thanks!

Just one comment - on the title screen it says "Press any key to continue". On the F200 at least, no keys have any effect here (except the Volume +/- combo, which quits). Perhaps it could say "Press any key / tap screen to continue."

The in-game volume control is very nice. Such a little thing, but it's the little things that matter. :)

Finally, here be a quickie program icon (don't forget to rename if you use it):

flipirgf2.png

Gruso said:
Just one comment - on the title screen it says "Press any key to continue". On the F200 at least, no keys have any effect here (except the Volume +/- combo, which quits). Perhaps it could say "Press any key / tap screen to continue."
You're right, of course. I only have an F100, so I don't tend to notice those things when I'm debugging.

Incidentally, thanks for the icon! I've already uploaded a replacement zip file that includes it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Iorgy77 said:
Looks nice, will try it tonight... now do it with pr0n. ;)
Actually, it is quite easy to add your own pictures. If you go into the "media/space" folder, you can add a new before-pic using the filename "visible##.png," and an after-pic using "infrared##.png."

Not that I'm encouraging anyone to replace all the images with naked people or anything... :rolleyes:

This looks very pretty indeed... I'm currently limited seriously by battery life, but next time I do have the chance, this is going on the SD :).

Gruso said:
on the title screen it says "Press any key to continue". On the F200 at least, no keys have any effect here (except the Volume +/- combo, which quits). Perhaps it could say "Press any key / tap screen to continue."
I think I fixed this. The program should now detect whether it's running on an F100 or F200, and tell the user to either "press a key" or "tap the screen" accordingly.

Please let me know if this doesn't work properly on the F200!

Back