Mahjong Solitaire Game

Mikaru

Still Fresh
(Wikipedia) Mahjong solitaire is a solitaire matching game that uses a set of Mahjong tiles rather than cards. It is also known as Shanghai solitaire, electronic or computerized mahjong, MahJong solitaire, solitaire Mahjong and, erroneously, as Mahjong. The tiles come from the four-player game popular in East Asia known as Mahjong. The 144 tiles are arranged in a special four-layer pattern with their faces upwards. A tile is said to be open or exposed if it can be moved either left or right without disturbing other tiles. The goal is to match open pairs of identical tiles and remove them from the board, exposing the tiles under them for play. The game is finished when all pairs of tiles have been removed from the board or when there are no exposed pairs remaining. (Although some implementations, e.g. GNOME Mahjongg, offer to shuffle the tiles when there are no exposed pairs remaining; letting you almost always be able to "win" the game.) Source

I'm aware that there is already a version of it for the Wiz, but it gets kind of boring with the same layout, so I've added a couple of feature suggestions:
-multiple layouts
-showing how many "Free moves" are left(basically saying how many more moves you can make without having to shuffle/end the game)
-Shuffle and Hint features (shuffles remaining tiles for when you get stuck, should have some sort of penalty. Shows hints to a matching pair, obviously)
-Time-based score system
-Being able to make your own layouts

Optional features (yet I'm sure are hard to implement, so if it's possible go ahead but if not, don't bother)
-changeable background image
-built-in music player (OGG files)
-changeable tile looks (being able to change how it looks, probably implemented by image files)

Would anyone like to take this up and try it?

Back