Flashing Firmware With Batteries

mrbrownstone

Still Fresh
Hey guys
I am really wanting to install open 2x on my F200 but have no psu How risky is the process with 2500mah rechargeables
Thanks for any help!

It's not really very risky. Open2x don't change the bootloader, so a brick is improbably. Just load your rechargeables and go for it.

BTW: I flashed my F-100 at least 50 times without psu, my F-200 ca. 30 times without problems...

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
It's not really very risky. Open2x don't change the bootloader, so a brick is improbably. Just load your rechargeables and go for it.

BTW: I flashed my F-100 at least 50 times without psu, my F-200 ca. 30 times without problems...

Regards,
Stephan

O.K. I will give it a go thanks for your answer
Could you give me a rough estimate of how long it should take(sorry 1st time flasher cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Afair the flash process last a few minutes, maybe 5.

sbock said:
Afair the flash process last a few minutes, maybe 5.

Thanks a lot for your help mate
I think i will try it now as you have made me a bit more confident
enjoy ur weekend
Kris

hello again!
just wondering how to get the tv tweaker working 2nd time round
1st run had all these options that i cant seem to get again
display isnt right on the tv
thanks again

brownstone said:
hello again!
just wondering how to get the tv tweaker working 2nd time round
1st run had all these options that i cant seem to get again
display isnt right on the tv
thanks again

What do you think of it? Does it boot faster? Did anything stop working? Is it as power hungry as the original firmware? Once the screen turns green, the power draw does way up and sometimes I have to mess with batteries to get it fully booted and the battery light will sometimes go on during the boot and then go off once gpmenu is launched.
Chris

Back