Firmware Flashing Question

AcidiC

Website
Visit site
Hey, I was just wondering how many of you have flashed their firmware successfully using batteries instead of the recommended PSU? I don't have a psu handy atm, and I'd like to see if the tv-out works :D

Thanks in advance

yah, so long as thir "fresh" you should have no problems flashing. even still, if your unsure of the current capacity of a set of batteries, you should definately aquire a sutiable psu though.

yah, so long as thir "fresh" you should have no problems flashing. even still, if your unsure of the current capacity of a set of batteries, you should definately aquire a sutiable psu though.

Yeah, best I have are 2200 mAh rechargables at 1.4 v each. I'll see if I can get a psu relatively soon... if not; wish me luck :p

Thanks for all of your responses :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As reported above it worked fine for me with a pair of 2300mAh UniRoss AA's and they lasted for a few hours afterwards. I'm definitley going to get a mains adaptor when I get paid though..

I have updated the firmware with batteries three times and not had a problem, I use 2500mAh Uniross and always use them fresh from a recharge.

First firmware upgrade: fresh set of Energizer 2500mah

Second: set of batteries the GP2X reported as "low". I almost crapped my pants when I was updating and realized I forgot to switch them, but I think I had like a half hour left B) .

Latest: set of batteries the GP2X reported as "midium". After the previous upgrade, I am invincible. At least, I feel like I am.

Back