I Bricked A Friend''s Gp2x :(

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi,

I really need your help guys:

When I bought my F200 I gave my former F100 to a friend. Some days ago I told him about Open2x, how it would improve his gaming experience, and how I'd be glad to flash his GP2X for him. Yesterday he brought me his console, an SD card and a pair of "fully charged batteries"...

I formatted his card, put Open2x on it, rebooted the console holding select+start, saw the flashing process begin, and then the "fully charged batteries" ran out of juice :(

Now his F100 is bricked. It boots like this: GP2X firmware v2 screen (2.1.1), Open2x network devices, Open2x mount root fs, and then nothing else :(

I've already tried Orkie's NAND blanker, but without success :(

I really feel like a guilty n00b, because I know I should have checked his batteries before starting to flash !

If you guys know something or someone that could help me, I'd be glad to hear it :)

Bye and thanks, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
as long as there is a boot screen still coming up I think you can re-flash by holding down the button or buttons, what ever the combo, but I would double check

Re-flashing should still work, though you might need to re-copy the files onto the card - I'm sure one of the files gets deleted/renamed during the update.

This time though use a power supply, updating the flash uses a lot of power and can easily drain a fresh set of batteries.

'dpoarch' said:
as long as there is a boot screen still coming up I think you can re-flash by holding down the button or buttons
'paeryn' said:
Re-flashing should still work
Good news: I've managed to re-flash the console with FW 2.0.0 :)
Bad news: Flashing the 2X with Open2X DR 7 still doesn't work :(
I think this GP2X doesn't like our new community firmware, so I will have to try with a different card reader / SD card...
Bye and thanks for your help, Magic Sam

are there different versions of open2x for f100s and f200s? you said that you flashed your f200 and are not flashing your friends f100. If this is the case there would be a different version of the firmware to download

'dpoarch' said:
are there different versions of open2x for f100s and f200s?
Yes there are. I'm using Open2X DR 7 F200 on my F200, and I'm sure I'll be able to install Open2X DR 7 F100 in my friend's GP2X someday :)

Back