Flashback!

grooveholmes

Website
www.dukkanda.com
i'm talking about flashback - the quest for identity. the game was released for dos, 3do, megadrive, atari jaguar and snes.

does anyone know which version is the best in terms of first compability of course, second character controls (that long jump!) and third graphics.

grooveholmes posted on Apr 21 2005 at 02:01 PM said:
i'm talking about flashback - the quest for identity. the game was released for dos, 3do, megadrive, atari jaguar and snes.

does anyone know which version is the best in terms of first compability of course, second character controls (that long jump!) and third graphics.

Megadrive (Genesis), but passwords don't work

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
grooveholmes posted on Apr 21 2005 at 02:01 PM said:

Snez and MD versions were both good, havnt tested them though.

I just completed Flashback on DrMD. (certain dumps of this ROM will work with DrMD) and it was very well emulated, and I had NO problems of any kind as far as controls go. The passwords might not work, but With DrMD, you can save state at any point, so it was pretty much problem free.

only tried the snes version.....only thing ive found bad is theres a fair bit of slowdown on the cutscenes...apart from that it plays fine.

finished the game on Dr MD as well (even though I had finished it before both on my megadrive and on PC). It rocks!
Sure you don't have passwords but there's no need to worry coz you've got savestates :D
Go for it

rabbits with hats posted on Apr 21 2005 at 08:23 PM said:
Fade to black?

Fade to Black is a sequel to Flashback on PS and PC.

A shame for flashback. ;)

Bye

hercule18 posted on Apr 21 2005 at 08:56 PM said:
rabbits with hats posted on Apr 21 2005 at 08:23 PM said:
Fade to black?

Fade to Black is a sequel to Flashback on PS and PC.

A shame for flashback. ;)

Bye

Not the Metallica song then?

I have Flashback on the SNES but I never got round to completing it..

I was about 5 though when I got it though :p

Fade To Black was an utterly horrible sequel to Flashback. It came out at that 90's stage where 3D just HAD to be used on anything and everything, and because of it gameplay fell by the wayside.
Shit controls, horrible level design, frustrating puzzles (due to shit controls and horrible level design) and boring enemies = not fun

On the other hand Heart Of The Alien on the Sega CD was a perfect sequel to Out Of This World (Another World) and easily one of the best games the Sega CD actually had. Sure it handed your ass to you on multiple occasions, but the look and feel of the game was exactly like Another World.

Too bad DrMD can't play Sega CD games though :(

i have Flashback for the Jaguar, i don't remember much of it, i think i'll have to pull it out and play it. If you like Flash back, try Out of this World for SNES

I got to the end screen of flashback and couldn't do it! Maybe I should give it another go....

Defintaly use DrMD for maximum enjoyment!

Back