Flash Plugin For Cortex A8

Would someone mind posting the .so file with location of where to copy it? Or send a PM please?

I would love to be able to listen to pandora at least until the DSP is working.

Just go to the TI site listed in the first post and make the request.
The EULA forbids public posting, and that it can't be installed to more than 50 units, citing that it is for demo use only, not mass consumption.

Damn, ah well, I guess I'll stop the trickle working on the wrapper for the Android plugin... Instead I'll work on a more optimised build of Firefox, as there are so many complaints about that.

Hmm. Doesn't seem to run regular vector videos or games any faster. Unfortunately I can't seem to get my wifi to connect right now so I can't test youtube, but I don't hold out much hope for its improvement either.

edit: ok, wifi came back for no apparent reason. Youtube is still a slide show, 5 or 6 seconds per frame. I don't know what this 0.5 update did, but it's not apparent to me.

WizardStan said:
Zeno Arrow said:
My Nokia N900 has a Cortex-A8 and runs Flash just fine.
How does the N900 handle streaming video in Flash anyway?

N900 owner here. Stock N900 firmware has flash ver 9.something inside (appears to be DSP-enhanced). This has been tweaked by community to show as 10.something to fool sites that formally require 10 but don,t use ver 10 speciic features. This stock N900 plugin doesn't work on the Pandora, at least in my hands.

A ti.com demo flash plugin ver 10 has leaked from one of those lucky ones who got it. This is the one working here in the Pandora. Doesn't seem to do DSP

It's quite difficult we get anything more from ti or adobe. Flash plugins for arm seem to be licensed to hardware producers to be included in their devices. A lot of money is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing I get a little cranky about is all the promises Adobe made about ARM support (albeit they never said it would be free and generic).

If I was an N900 owner I'd be more bummed about not having proper Flash 10.1, which I believe was promised.

With the Pandora, none of us expected it, but we hoped. You'd think it would be in Adobe's interest to continue the propagation of flash. As for the licensing I was hoping TI could just do it, rather than the device manufacturer, but I'm sure that's not popular with TI.

Back