Fixed 4.1.0 Firmware Available At Gamepark Site

I havent got my GP2X from my supplier yet.

They emailed me about this problem with the 4.1.0 firmware and said theyll mail me it when its fixed.

Hoping ill get it soon now this *Fixed* FW is out...

Unfortunatly this versions doesn't solve the problem with the F-200 touchscreen as discussed here.

Regards,
Stephan

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to download it but the website wouldn't let me sign up. I'll install it when it comes to the archive and report back.

I would suggest that someone with a break out box or serial cable try this first and test it a little before everyone jumps at this FW upgrade once again. We should've learned from experience now that gph likes to hand out brickware like candy.

I already applied this upgrade before the fixed version came out, and there doesn't seem to be any problems, went straight from 4.00 to 4.1.0, touchscreen seems to be working ok.

narmak said:
I already applied this upgrade before the fixed version came out, and there doesn't seem to be any problems, went straight from 4.00 to 4.1.0, touchscreen seems to be working ok.
Including homebrew games and apps with touchscreen support? :huh:

I care little about the touch screen since there are few games that actually use it, but what about the rediculous boot up time? Seriously, that issue has caused me to stop using my GP2X or recommending it to anybody for now.

Aryn said:
I care little about the touch screen since there are few games that actually use it, but what about the rediculous boot up time? Seriously, that issue has caused me to stop using my GP2X or recommending it to anybody for now.
Firmware 4.1.0 for F-200
Firmware 4.1.0 for use only in the F-200is released to the public.
This version does not work for GP2X F-100 consoles.

*Firmware 4.0.2 should exist on GP2X. If not, upgrade to 4.0.2 before updating to 4.1.0

This version fixes the touch screen problem that existed with version 4.1.0. released on May 16th.

--------------------------------------
4.1.0 Firmware Update Information

1. Player Functions

- E-book
* Left/Right button enables next/previous page

* Pressing A button +L/R button or A button + left/right D-pad button enables moving backward/forward 1,000 lines of text.

- Photo Viewer
* Set as background function and button added. Users can set as background any photo they choose by pressing the button from the Photo Viewer menu.
(Default background can be restored from Settings>System)

* Fit to screen mode added.

* Image resolution information viewing added. (Press A button while in menu)

- Music/Movie Player
Status bar and volume control can be adjusted through touch and drag

- Movie Player
* Change screen resolution button added

* Key Lock function added (A+L buttons simultaneously, toggles lock/unlock)

- Music Player
* Hold & key lock function changed to A+L buttons

* Mono sound problems resolved

2. Other functions
- Volume control
* Fixed volume control problem - smoother volume control

- direction key input speed enhanced
* Enhanced the input speed of direction keys in menus and players.

- Fixed direction key error when more than 2 directions are simultaneously pressed.

- Touch and drag function enhanced to work more smoothly.

Firmware upgrade instructions

*Firmware 4.0.2 should exist on GP2X. If not, upgrade to 4.0.2 before updating to 4.1.0

1. Download the firmware file
2. Decompress file and place files in the root of the SD card.
3. Turn on GP2X while holding down Select+Home
4. Firmware upgrades itself.

¡Ø Make sure you have enough battery or use the AC adapter while upgrading the firmware. If the power goes out while upgrading, it may damage the system.

--------------------------------------------------------------
* Built-in application license info:
GP2X built-in application(menu, photo, ebook) license is not GPL.

* GPL/LGPLed issue:
bootloader, kernel, and some library/application is GPL/LGPLed.
If you want to know more detail information, see http://gnu.org/copyleft site,
or see NAND/License directory in GP2X(installed Firmware 2).

* Getting GPL/LGPLed source code for GP2X:
If you want to get modified source code, check this site.
http://dev.gp2x.com
http://svn.gp2x.com/gp2x/tag
If you need more source code, please mail to dev@gp2x.com
--------------------------------------------------------------
Best regards,
Gamepark Holdings

Says nothing about the boot-up speed there

hello GP2X community,

i'm a new member and want to clear some things out about these firmware. if you got your F-200 touch-screen screwed up when updating to 4.0.2 and 4.1.0 some weeks ago, here is a solution how to restore touch-screen functionality in 4.1.0:

1. first of all, register on gp2x.com - http://gp2x.com/member/join.asp?part=00
2. then log in to gp2.com site with your nick and password.
3. go to http://gp2x.com/support/support_view.asp?b...=1&part=d00 and download F200_4.0.2_080527.zip.
4. extract the contents of F200_4.0.2_080527.zip to the root of your SD card.
5. turn off console.
6. turn the console on while holding SELECT+HOME. the firmware will be updating in several minutes.
7. after everything is done, connect your console to PC and delete the firmware from the root of your SD.
8. go to Settings/Calibrate and calibrate your touch-screen. after that you will see that mouse cursor works fine after calibration.
8. go to http://gp2x.com/support/support_view.asp?b...=1&part=d00 and download F200_4.1.0_080527.zip.
9. extract the contents of F200_4.1.0_080527.zip to the root of your SD card.
10. turn off console.
11. turn the console on while holding SELECT+HOME. the firmware will be updating in several minutes.
12. after everything is done, connect your console to PC and delete the firmware from the root of your SD.
13. go to Settings/Calibrate and calibrate your touch-screen. after that you will see that mouse cursor works fine after calibration.

@abelenki

Just to be sure: Does your touchscreen now work in programs like ScummVM?

Regards,
Stephan

Is this tested enough to be considered safe? Better volume control makes installing very tempting.

abelenki said:
hello GP2X community,

i'm a new member and want to clear some things out about these firmware. if you got your F-200 touch-screen screwed up when updating to 4.0.2 and 4.1.0 some weeks ago, here is a solution how to restore touch-screen functionality in 4.1.0:

1. first of all, register on gp2x.com - http://gp2x.com/member/join.asp?part=00
2. then log in to gp2.com site with your nick and password.
3. go to http://gp2x.com/support/support_view.asp?b...=1&part=d00 and download F200_4.0.2_080527.zip.
4. extract the contents of F200_4.0.2_080527.zip to the root of your SD card.
5. turn off console.
6. turn the console on while holding SELECT+HOME. the firmware will be updating in several minutes.
7. after everything is done, connect your console to PC and delete the firmware from the root of your SD.
8. go to Settings/Calibrate and calibrate your touch-screen. after that you will see that mouse cursor works fine after calibration.
8. go to http://gp2x.com/support/support_view.asp?b...=1&part=d00 and download F200_4.1.0_080527.zip.
9. extract the contents of F200_4.1.0_080527.zip to the root of your SD card.
10. turn off console.
11. turn the console on while holding SELECT+HOME. the firmware will be updating in several minutes.
12. after everything is done, connect your console to PC and delete the firmware from the root of your SD.
13. go to Settings/Calibrate and calibrate your touch-screen. after that you will see that mouse cursor works fine after calibration.

Do you think you could just post the firmware from the file archive? I've registered and gone through the whole process, but it will not let me login, says i have incorrect information. Their site is incredibly buggy, and it'd be easier if we had it hosted somewhere reliable, as I'd like to get my touchscreen fixed (yes, i was wrong, my touchscreen screwed up after applying that earlier patch).

-- I just got it working, some of the links to the download on the gp2x site lead to an external site looking for authentication, and it doesn't work, but following the link on step 8, i was able to download. The default menu seems to work, but the new gmenu2x does not, and when I press select in gmenu2x, the menu for creating links pops-up, then disappears, making it impossible to create links to your apps. Also, the touchscreen doesn't seem to work in gmenu2x

I tested the 4.1.0 fw and there are some problem with touch and audio volume.
In the pocket snes and gpfce I have niticed that audio volume is too low.
I tested also the new touch calculator fcalc and don't work.

Someone can test those programs with 4.1.0 firmware? :huh:

Thank you!

Hi

I've been neglecting my GP2X F200 for a while but a hospital stay made me have fun with it again, so I came back here and seen the new firmware is out.

My F200 is 4.0.0 - so what is best, 4.1.0 straight away? or the 4.0.2? I'm a bit confused.

Cheers

Eserim

eserim said:
Hi

I've been neglecting my GP2X F200 for a while but a hospital stay made me have fun with it again, so I came back here and seen the new firmware is out.

My F200 is 4.0.0 - so what is best, 4.1.0 straight away? or the 4.0.2? I'm a bit confused.

Cheers

Eserim
If you play homebrew games with touchscreen, stay with 4.0.0

Last edited:
nope, but I do listen to music and wondered if the volume fixes solve the very low level noise on headphones - any feedback on that from anyone?

Cheers

Eserim

sbock said:
Just to be sure: Does your touchscreen now work in programs like ScummVM?
sorry for not replying earlier - i was in purgatory group. hando just added me to members, so i can speak now.

i made some tests and here are results:

1. touch screen with newest 4.1.0 works great on original GP2X frontend.
2. touch screen with newest 4.1.0 DOESN'T work in GP2X applications. so far, i tested Space Varments - it doesn't work. :(

b_o_b said:
Is this tested enough to be considered safe? Better volume control makes installing very tempting.
if you apply these firmware as it is written in my instructions, it's 100% console-safe.

eserim said:

if you decided to go new firmware, first apply 4.0.2, then 4.1.0, as it's written in my instructions above.

eserim said:
nope, but I do listen to music and wondered if the volume fixes solve the very low level noise on headphones - any feedback on that from anyone?
the volume on 4.1.0 became a little lower than before.

Back