First Gta Iv Dlc Coming This February

Hope that there is some way to get it with the upcoming PC version... I don't see how downloadable content, especially the stuff they are describing, would apply to GTA though

GTA IV is by far the worst I've played in the series and I own most of the series, only ones I don't own are San Andreas and Vice City Stories. I cant even bring myself to suffer through this game until completion so why in the hell would I pay more money for such a crappy game. Unless the DLC significantly fixes the control and camera issues and the total overload of police, i'll pass.

Angel said:
GTA IV is by far the worst I've played in the series and I own most of the series, only ones I don't own are San Andreas and Vice City Stories. I cant even bring myself to suffer through this game until completion so why in the hell would I pay more money for such a crappy game. Unless the DLC significantly fixes the control and camera issues and the total overload of police, i'll pass.
...Because if you go on a shotgunning rampage in real life, there totally would NEVER be an "overload" of police, amirite?

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a video game, not real life.

No other GTA game is this strict. No other GTA game can you be somewhere at any given time and there always be a cop nearby, and multiple cops. No city in real life has as many police either. How many times have you been walking down the street with a dozen cops both in cars and on the street just patrolling??

It completely ruins the game. What made GTA great was the fact that you could cause a certain amount of mayhem with little consequence, now you can't even car jack someone without getting a wanted level.

Angel said:
this is a video game, not real life.

No other GTA game is this strict. No other GTA game can you be somewhere at any given time and there always be a cop nearby, and multiple cops. No city in real life has as many police either. How many times have you been walking down the street with a dozen cops both in cars and on the street just patrolling??

It completely ruins the game. What made GTA great was the fact that you could cause a certain amount of mayhem with little consequence, now you can't even car jack someone without getting a wanted level.
The idea with GTA is to make it seem somewhat like real life, except obviously with less rules. If you could kill and cause as much trouble like in the older titles, it wouldn't really be that much fun. Sorry, I disagree.

Oh, and I guess you're terrible at car jacking. The only times I would consistently get a wanted level for car jacking is if I jacked a cop car. And that would be because a cop is probably nearby, like in real life.

There also a GTA for DS comming soon. Too bad that not Manhunt :(

quasist said:
There also a GTA for DS comming soon. Too bad that not Manhunt :(
You can always play Manhunt 2 on PSP. I thought it was a pretty decent game, better than it was given credit for.

Kind of disappointed that this story won't feature Niko though. I liked him as a character and it would have been nice to see more of him. I'll reserve total judgement till I play it, though.

But the stupid get-out-of-the-ring-to-get-out-of-wanted-level system is so unrealistic it's practically game breaking for me.

Perhaps a little more intelligent system would be better, something perhaps nearly as good as I don't know... MGS from 10 years ago?

And it isn't going to sell 2 million copies. The only person I've heard of being impressed by GTA4 was DCGM; everyone else thought it was really dull. And I've asked plenty of people.

Angel said:
GTA IV is by far the worst I've played in the series and I own most of the series, only ones I don't own are San Andreas and Vice City Stories.
*facepalm*

I thought it was the best one so far. The shooting system felt right and so did everything else. Euphoria engine made everything more enjoyable.

not sure if ill go for the dlc. ill probably wait for more info and see what people think of it.

what reviews can you trust though, Gamespot gave this game a perfect 10. I don't care how much you like the game it is not a perfect game to warrant a perfect score.

What's really fun in this game is going multiplayer by yourself, you can't do any missions, but you can do whatever you want without cops. Lots of fun to mess with the physics engine.

Also, if you want to see some cool glitches, go get a helicopter, fly to the top of tall buildings, get out, and then view the world with the sniper rifle. There's actually 2 different worlds. One you can interact with and one you can't.

Angel said:
what reviews can you trust though, Gamespot gave this game a perfect 10. I don't care how much you like the game it is not a perfect game to warrant a perfect score.

What's really fun in this game is going multiplayer by yourself, you can't do any missions, but you can do whatever you want without cops. Lots of fun to mess with the physics engine.

Also, if you want to see some cool glitches, go get a helicopter, fly to the top of tall buildings, get out, and then view the world with the sniper rifle. There's actually 2 different worlds. One you can interact with and one you can't.
If that's what you like to do in the game, how can you say what score the game deserves? You're not even playing the game how it was supposed to be played :huh:

Shifty said:
Angel said:

If that's what you like to do in the game, how can you say what score the game deserves? You're not even playing the game how it was supposed to be played :huh:

but I have played the game how it's supposed to be played and i'm roughly 40% complete, and I find it more fun to play mindless single player multi player games where you can just screw around and do whatever you want. This isn't the same GTA that I'm used to. This game is far more frustrating, and I have to play it in bursts. I probably won't ever beat the game. The only fun I have with the game is when i'm not doing missions, so what's the point.

I'll have to review this game in depth and post it on my site. The games not horrible or totally unplayable, don't get me wrong, but it's by far a perfect 10. The controls themselves don't warrant this game as a 10. It's glitchy, and the 2 worlds thing is a pain in the ass sometimes with the sniper rifle. You wonder why you can't kill some pedestrians far in the background??? That's why, I tell you, go to the top of a building with the sniper rifle and see what happens. funny stuff. I like the floating orbs.

sataniC Virus said:
Angel said:
what reviews can you trust though,
... well after reading this thread, definitely not the ones on brutallyhonestgaming ... :p

Fucking zing

Back