Burnout Legends

tekt5

NazcaBeer Spokesman
Website
Visit site
I've personally enjoyed both burnout 1 + 2 and loved playing Burnout 3 at my friends house (can't get it myself as I don't have ps2 or xbox) So I'm really looking forward to burnout legends as it will give me that burnout 3 experience I missed out on. How about you? There's a lot of hype about the new psp gta but I havn't seen any on the psp's burnout which is coming out sooner!

P.S. sorry if this seems scrambled or doesn't make sense ;) I'm writing in a hurry.

Yes, I for one am looking forward to the PSP version.

Thank yu and goodnight.

I told myself I wasnt going to buy another racing game for the PSP(not even GT4mobile)... but this next Burnout is a must. Almost tempted to dump Ridgeracer for it as I'm far more likely to play wireless vs. games with that.

It's pretty much the only game I plan on buying in the near future other than GTA:LCS.

I still havent finished the last Burnout so I'll probably pass on the PS2 version for now. The problem with EA is the need to release sequels EVERY year, but it's not going to help if people havent finished LAST year's version. WAKE UP EA!

Yeah I cant wait for Burnout legends or pursuit force either for that matter. Despite the psps over saturation of racing titles I can't deny that they look fantastic and are all quite good to play.

After 100%'ing Need for speed rivals, It'll be nice to race something in daylight for a change.

For the Pirates amongst us, looks like it's out a little early.

Arggh!

well, even if I was a psp pirate(which I'm not) I would definatly be buying this game anyway.

But yes I agree, half the psp games I own are racing (once I purchase burout that is)

On the subject of music. seeing as the game seems to be based heavily on the first two Burnouts there may not be much "name brand" music especially since they dont seem to be making much noise about it on the EA website. Burnout Revenge shows a menu selection for the track list but it has been updated as of the last time I looked.

I would find it odd if there was no new music on Legends though since all that licenced music is part of the reason why all EA games are generally 10 dollars more than every other game.

If you run it from Memory Stick (backed up from your own copy of course), you can put your own music in the game.

Kop_007 posted on Sep 9 2005 at 10:52 AM said:
For the Pirates amongst us, looks like it's out a little early.

Arggh!

kop, have you played it then? whats it like? its probably the next game i'll get(as long as it wont force me to upgrade my firmware), but bearing in mind burnout 3 kills my eyes on a 32" tv after a while, im worried it'll be nearly unplayable due to the speed of it on a small screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamespot loved it!!!

Looking forward to it, but it's still another port....

Ports ports ports. But good ones, so...

i saw a trailer where it was making a big deal of the return of pursuit mode, showing footage of you controlling a police car, looked brilliant, im really looking forward to it cause i only ever had burnout 3 so legends will have a lot of new stuff for me.

Well I don't think you can technically call it a port. More a Remake.
Midnight Club 3 was a port.

yes, i wanna get this soon! looks real nice, i want soo badly, and all the reviews i have seen so far are only good, so it must be a winner!

Haven't gotten a chance to sit down for a while and read any reviews yet but this screenshot makes me think that there is licenced music. But EA didn't put any licensed music in Tiger Woods so...

921495_20050818_screen002.jpg

Gamespot gave it a nine, I think... Can't remember about the music, and too lazy to read it again.

I am looking forward to it, even though it's a remake (!). All the tracks are old, though....

yep just finished the gamespot review.
21 punk,indie,and rock tracks some in other recent EA Games but with no DJ.

Must be mostly upand comming bands or atleast Not-yet-mainstream-bands since they havent made a big issue in prerelease hype but I assume the music will be fairly similar to what you get in B3.

As for Port vs Remake, I kinda felt even B2 was trading a little too heavily on the same courses from the first game with the Crash mode being the most original thing they added. Legends atleast seems to use elements form B2 and B3 and the addition of elements like playing Pursuit on B3 courses and B3's more exciting elements like takedowns on the older courses make the game a fair mix of new and old I'd expect.

Hopefully this is the case. I'm off to read gamespots review now.

Back