First Games

lintsniffer posted on May 23 2006 at 11:53 PM said:
ok
ok
ok
ok

And why do people say PS1 killed N64?
Although it did have FF, RE, and MGS, I think N64 with a bout 50 really good to awesome games kills 3 awesome games. Plus I think N64 developers embraced the system more, developing games with graphics more suited to the console (Mario 64, Ocarina of Time) than disgusting visuals of Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil.

50 :huh: , Such as ?. List please. :rolleyes:

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
epitaph posted on May 23 2006 at 03:05 PM said:
Ghosts 'n Goblins, C64. A long time ago, that was...

The PS1 would have been an awful first console/gaming experience btw. It's still a mystery to me how people could throw away the colorful 2D-wonders of the previous generations to embrace the possibly ugliest graphics known to date (32-bit generation 3D accelerated graphics).

Yeah those people where born to be stupidious. And cheaters! In our days there wasn't such thing as cheating! Now people play the game for about 30mins, walk to their pc, start INTERNET EXPLORER then visit one of the most disquisting sites in the world... Cheatcode sites :ph34r:

trooper posted on May 23 2006 at 11:59 PM said:
lintsniffer posted on May 23 2006 at 11:53 PM said:
ok
ok
ok
ok

And why do people say PS1 killed N64?
Although it did have FF, RE, and MGS, I think N64 with a bout 50 really good to awesome games kills 3 awesome games. Plus I think N64 developers embraced the system more, developing games with graphics more suited to the console (Mario 64, Ocarina of Time) than disgusting visuals of Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil.

50 :huh: , Such as ?. List please. :rolleyes:

Trooper

You only want 50?

1. Goldeneye 007
2. Perfect Dark
3. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4. Super Mario 64
5. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
6. Donkey Kong 64
7. Wave Race 64
8. Beetle Adventure Racing
9. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
10. Rayman 2: The Great Escape
11. Banjo-Kazooie
12. Conker's Bad Fur Day
13. Madden NFL 2001
14. All-Star Baseball 2000
15. All-Star Baseball 2001
16. International Superstar Soccer '98
17. Banjo-Tooie
18. Diddy Kong Racing
19. Resident Evil 2
20. 1080: Snowboarding
21. Star Fox 64
22. Blast Corps
23. Paper Mario
24. F-Zero X
25. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
26. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
27. Mario Tennis
28. Mario Golf
29. Pilotwings 64
30. Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
31. Excitebike 64
32. Space Station: Silicon Valley
33. Ridge Racer 64
34. NFL Blitz 2000
35. Mario Kart 64
36. Wetrix
37. Wipeout 64
38. Castlevania
39. Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Calibur
40. Starcraft 64
41. WWF No Mercy
42. Extreme-G
43. All-Star Baseball '99
44. Spider-Man
45. Mario Party
46. Jet Force Gemini
47. Mario Party 2
48. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
49. Pokemon Puzzle League
50. NFL Blitz 2001

All are good games.

some shitty game i copied the programing from a zx81 magazine

ah those were the days, diy games

wow... this is going back a long time, but this platformer game called "Monty On The Run", on the C64. Also played a lot of the Dizzy platformer games on the C64 (must have been about 6 or 7 at the time)

memories :D

moz posted on May 24 2006 at 07:46 PM said:

Didn't it make you laugh when it took you like an hour typing it all in and there was an error, you had to debug the code yourself. People would submit code on a printout from the scratchy ZX printer, and that would get directly published. But quite often the output from the scratcher was too bad to print, so someone had to read that and type it into a word processor. I get the feeling not all the code was actually tested for errors <_< .

[Clare's alter ego says] Luxury! I had to type code in half an hour before the magazine arrived, on a black and white portable TV, using a computer that would crash if you tapped the keyboard too hard because it would cause the ram pack plugged into the back to wobble. The screams could be heard for miles after an hours typing, saving it all to tape and never being able to load it back due to an "R tape loading error". Time seemed to zip by and after forgetting my chores of hoovering up, doing the dishes and licking road clean wit tongue, our parents would kill us and dance on our graves singing hallelujah. You try telling all that to the kids of today, and they won't believe you :D .

But isn't your life more fulfilling because you did so? ;)

Nova posted on May 25 2006 at 09:01 AM said:
But isn't your life more fulfilling because you did so? ;)

Don't i was left mentaly scarred after typing in 4 pages of code as child only to find it didn't run, due to inumerous typos and i had no idea you were actually supposed to save what you had done and it didn't stay in the computer once you had finished.

moz posted on May 24 2006 at 08:46 PM said:

Jeez I had forgotten about all that, I still have all those books for writing BASIC programs on the BBC somewhere.

My programming hell.....

WarmFluffyUK posted on May 25 2006 at 07:37 AM said:

Didn't it make you laugh when it took you like an hour typing it all in and there was an error, you had to debug the code yourself. People would submit code on a printout from the scratchy ZX printer, and that would get directly published. But quite often the output from the scratcher was too bad to print, so someone had to read that and type it into a word processor. I get the feeling not all the code was actually tested for errors <_< .

[Clare's alter ego says] Luxury! I had to type code in half an hour before the magazine arrived, on a black and white portable TV, using a computer that would crash if you tapped the keyboard too hard because it would cause the ram pack plugged into the back to wobble. The screams could be heard for miles after an hours typing, saving it all to tape and never being able to load it back due to an "R tape loading error". Time seemed to zip by and after forgetting my chores of hoovering up, doing the dishes and licking road clean wit tongue, our parents would kill us and dance on our graves singing hallelujah. You try telling all that to the kids of today, and they won't believe you :D .

lol Kids have no idea what its was like do they? They just stick in a Disc and off they go, I may only be 21 but I still remember the days of screeching tape loading with about only 30% chance of it working, you tell a kid these days to try typing LOAD and they'll flash their ASBO at you and tell you to fuck off.

Then a few years later came the glorius Amiga workbench, even that took some figuring out.

Twimfy posted on May 25 2006 at 11:05 AM said:
lol Kids have no idea what its was like do they? They just stick in a Disc and off they go, I may only be 21 but I still remember the days of screeching tape loading with about only 30% chance of it working, you tell a kid these days to try typing LOAD and they'll flash their ASBO at you and tell you to fuck off.

Then a few years later came the glorius Amiga workbench, even that took some figuring out.

I loved the Amiga, and it still is my most favourite computer system. At the time there was nothing like it, not even the ST could match it. Fond memories :rolleyes: .

You're right about the workbench though, it was loosly basen on linux if I remember correctly. Remember using MEmacs to edit s/startup-sequence.

And you try telling the kids that... er, think I already done that one.

(naw)mcx posted on May 25 2006 at 01:29 PM said:
you tell a kid these days to try typing LOAD and they'll flash their ASBO at you and tell you to fuck off.

Thats abit steriotipical aint it.....

Calm down deary, It's a joke.

We all know if you had an asbo, you woudn't be able to use the internet, they cancel each other out...

race.jpg

My first game experience was the hand held Astro Wars from Grandstand - It was fab!

First computer game was Race for the VIC20

Bub&Bob posted on May 25 2006 at 03:53 PM said:
race.jpg

My first game experience was the hand held Astro Wars from Grandstand - It was fab!

Astro Wars was good

WrongEyedJesus posted on May 25 2006 at 02:57 PM said:
Bub&Bob posted on May 25 2006 at 03:53 PM said:
race.jpg

Astro Wars was good
Oh my gawd I forgot about Astro Wars:
ttastrowars.jpg

Very simple but fun to play!

(naw)mcx posted on May 25 2006 at 01:29 PM said:
you tell a kid these days to try typing LOAD and they'll flash their ASBO at you and tell you to fuck off.

Thats abit steriotipical aint it.....
Stereotypical yes, but unlike most stereotypes absolutely true for the most part.

WarmFluffyUK posted on May 25 2006 at 07:37 AM said:

i so nearly put in you'd spend hours typing in a game you couldnt save and it not work :)
im kinda glad it just wasnt me :) :lol:

Back