First Games

oh you silly liberal british people who don't know anything so they have to listen to hippies which make up crap like 'global warming' and you all listen to them.

Bandai-MissileInvader.jpg

My first handheld, Yay!, Cost me a cool £24.99 back in 1981, From woolworths, Aahhh, The memories. :p

Trooper

heh trooper cool ...made me go and look up my first hand held (in fact probably the first gaming thing i ever owned Monster Bruger
:D
I Remeber really wanting a nintendo game and watch when i was wii but can't remeber why i bought that at the time.. must have been the superior graphic power lol.

Tomy-MonsterBurgerBoxBack.jpg

Remember took me months to save a up my 35p a week pocket money plus odd jobs to afford that....think it probably cost like 30 quid or something at the time.. which was a hell of lot of money when you were 8. I used to stare at it in the my mums friends shop yearning for it. To think that was the only game i had for another 2 years until my parents finally gave in and bought me a c64.

May still in my mums attic somewhere as i never threw anything away..

lintsniffer posted on May 25 2006 at 08:59 PM said:
oh you silly liberal british people who don't know anything so they have to listen to hippies which make up crap like 'global warming' and you all listen to them.
At least we don't think we can be saved by going to see some mad ejit shouting "hallelujah trust in the lord, and now a word from our sponsors - MacDonald's, ohhh praise the lord of the double whopper with extra fries!"...... Ho Hum

Edit: P.S get a life and stay on topic, this subject is retro, not xenophobia.

Last edited by a moderator:
WarmFluffyUK posted on May 25 2006 at 10:14 PM said:
At least we don't think we can be saved by going to see some mad ejit shouting "hallelujah trust in the lord, and now a word from our sponsors - MacDonald's, ohhh praise the lord of the double whopper with extra fries!"...... Ho Hum

You tell 'em fluffy.

My first EVER game was an LCD tennis game bought for my birthday, I think i enraged my dad with the beeping, cos he used to sigh and leave the room when i pulled it out of my pocket.

The first game I remember playing was an old pong gamebox that connected up to the TV. It was tan and brown and had two wired paddle controllers that you slid up and down. It might have had another game other than pong built in, but I only remember playing pong on it. I went on Google looking for a picture of it, but couldn't find one.

-Kensupen

WarmFluffyUK posted on May 25 2006 at 04:14 PM said:
lintsniffer posted on May 25 2006 at 08:59 PM said:

havn't been to church in 6 years or overweight for all of my life!

anyway on topic...
I remember playing one of those old Mattel Football games, those were awesome.

trooper posted on May 25 2006 at 10:02 PM said:
Bandai-MissileInvader.jpg

My first handheld, Yay!, Cost me a cool £24.99 back in 1981, From woolworths, Aahhh, The memories. :p

Trooper

Ooh we're digging out some beauties now. My mate down the road had that.

How about this, Jack and the Beanstalk LCD from Grandstand:

JackBeanstalk-open.jpg

Solar powered too. It was a git if someone walked past you and blocked the sun in the playground. :p

I also lost many hours on this at the same mate's house:

astrobl.jpg

Tomy Astro Blaster. It was class.

Finally another mate had this IPB image, two levels on the same screen. Bandai Nazono Pyramid. Another Solar LCD and very tricky too:

WarmFluffyUK posted on May 25 2006 at 05:36 PM said:
WrongEyedJesus posted on May 25 2006 at 02:57 PM said:
Bub&Bob posted on May 25 2006 at 03:53 PM said:
race.jpg

My first game experience was the hand held Astro Wars from Grandstand - It was fab!

First computer game was Race for the VIC20

Astro Wars was good
Oh my gawd I forgot about Astro Wars:
ttastrowars.jpg

Very simple but fun to play!

I liked the fact that there were 4 different levels - Really hated docking the ship on level 4!!

You can download this game from here!!!!

http://madrigal.retrogames.com/dnload_m.html

Bub

WrongEyedJesus posted on May 26 2006 at 10:37 AM said:
Bub&Bob posted on May 26 2006 at 11:20 AM said:
I liked the fact that there were 4 different levels - Really hated docking the ship on level 4!!

Bub

The links are removed if you read the page but it is mirrored on this Italian site, get those phrasebooks out. ;)

I just downloaded it and it's really kewl :), Thanks for the link :wub:

lintsniffer posted on May 21 2006 at 04:07 AM said:
What is your first game(s) that you remember playing?

Probably one of the pong variations on our early Pong-clone console.

Otherwise my guess would be Digger on a CGA XT (see http://www.digger.org), or possibly games like BigTop (nobody seems to remember that early platform game, I can't find anything about it) or JumpJoe.

Or maybe an textbased game on a CP/M computer when I was reaaaaaally young. Yes my father is and was a nerd too :lol:

WarmFluffyUK posted on May 26 2006 at 10:57 AM said:
WrongEyedJesus posted on May 26 2006 at 10:37 AM said:
Bub&Bob posted on May 26 2006 at 11:20 AM said:

Bub

The links are removed if you read the page but it is mirrored on this Italian site, get those phrasebooks out. ;)

I just downloaded it and it's really kewl :), Thanks for the link :wub:

No probs - im playing snoopy tennis at the mo!!

Just downloaded Donkey Kong 2 Game and Watch from the same site!

Stilll got the original in a box somewhere.

The emulation is great.

Cool little site.... B)

How about this, Jack and the Beanstalk LCD from Grandstand:

JackBeanstalk-open.jpg

Solar powered too. It was a git if someone walked past you and blocked the sun in the playground. :p

wow i forgot i had one of these as a child, it was one of my favourite toys, thanks for the memory jolt.

Back