Firmwre 4.1 For F200

jbrodack

gp2x fan
Website
jbrodack.googlepages.com
gp32spain.com reported a release of a TEST version of firmware 4.1 for the f200. link here where you have to be registered.

Also put it up on my googlepages space here

maybe someone can give a decent translation of what it does off of gp32spain

Here's a babelfish translation of the changes:
New features: * It corrects an error of the text reader. * No longer one blocks when moving archives. * Option USB Added Host ON/OFF. * Increased bookstore USB. * Increase of speed in the selector of archives. * Other changes.

JakeK said:
Doesn't sound very tempting to want to go through the process to upgrade the firmware. Anyway the Pandora is coming so meh.
Well not everyone will be migrating to pandora (some of us can't afford it) so new firmware for the f200 is good news, having said that this update doesn't look like its worth the bother - unless of course one of the 'other changes' turns out to be a fix for the jittery x axis on the touchscreen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone who has updated to 4.1 on their F-200 advise on what they think of it?

It is in testing which is what jbrodack said. I'm not too sure on how long it would take to come out.

I'd upgrade the firmware on my F200 if a decent upgrade came out.

So ... has anyone here tested it? And if so can they comment with their impressions?

Version 4.1.0 solve the F-200 audio bug. Now games like the Java application "Pipes" run on the F-200. The update on my F-200 works without problems yet. But beware. It's a test version only so you have been warned.

@JakeK and Sphinxter

Really some very informative posts, respect...

Regards,
Stephan

What are the boot times like on the new version? Any faster?

Hmm, there seems to be some problems with the calibration of the touchscreen with this testversion.
The menu works, but Scumm and other applications have massive problems.
MAME 5.1 and 1.3 don't work.
The default volume seems to be a bit lower with this firmware version.

sbock said:
Hmm, there seems to be some problems with the calibration of the touchscreen with this testversion.
The menu works, but Scumm and other applications have massive problems.
MAME 5.1 and 1.3 don't work.
The default volume seems to be a bit lower with this firmware version.
Oh joy :eek:.

If I was to compile a little test app that measured touchscreen jitter would people consider running it on FW4 and FW4.1 for me?

J.

ACES! Now the benefit of a handheld oughta be, that hardware should be the same everywhere. But GPH manages to even get us 100s of if..else.. in our code to test against different versions of firmware.
Bastards!

DJWillis said:
Oh joy :eek:.

If I was to compile a little test app that measured touchscreen jitter would people consider running it on FW4 and FW4.1 for me?

J.

Of course I will volunteer. But remember it's only marked as "test version". Is it worth the trouble or better wait until there is a final version?

Regards,
Stephan

[Edit] It seems the touchscreen is not only bad calibrated but completely broken in all touchscreen applications I tested (Blox, Scumm, Boomshine, Space Varments ). Can somebody confirm this? Even the calibration screen from the firmware don't work. In the firmware menu everythink is OK. There seem to be a major bug...

echidna said:
i just take a note: USB Host ON/OFF...

what does that mean?
I'm not quite sure because there is an USB host on/off switch in firmware 4.0.0 already. I guess it's meant that you now can escape from the "USB connected screen with pressing "X" when you connect the GP2x to a computer. But I'm not really sure because I never used this options.

Regards,
Stephan

Back