Firefox recommended add-ons on Pandora

dibad0011

Still Fresh
What Firefox add-ons do you reccommend (or you mostly use) for the handheld (Pandora compatible add-ons only).

Here are mine (pretty basic ones):

*No squint - full zoom or text only zoom app.

*Omnibar - merge the url bar and the google bar into  one single bar

*X-Notifier-mail checker.works with gmail,hotmail,yahoo,etc.

*Adblock plus.

I guess the only add-on I use is SmartVideo for Youtube. It automatically plays videos at 240p resolutions making life much simpler.

FT DeepDark 5.4 Theme

Adblock Plus

Flash Video Downloader Youtube Downloader

Last tab close button

NoScript

SmartVideo for Youtube

I just have Adblock Plus and NoScript currently. I like the functionality of Ghostery, but I'd strongly advise against using it on the Pandora - uses way too much memory.

Vimperator

http://www.vimperator.org/vimperator

without toolbars etc.

and

in yoursdcard/pandora/appdata/hdonk_firefox_001/.vimperatorrc

set gui complete=

set gui scrollbars=false

keyboard navigation is faster and you have 800x480 only for webpages

without toolbars etc.

F11 (fullscreen mode) is your friend :)

Move mouse to the top screen border to get tab overview and url bar, F11 again to exit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use

Speed DNS

and

FasterFox

(Unfortunately FasterFox lite doesn't install properly so I don't know whether it makes things faster or slows them down.)

I would like to install "Ghostery" on my Pandora Firefox but somehow this plugin can not be installed. I have no clue how I can run Firefox in Admin mode so I can't test if this would help. But you should try Ghostery, very nice plugin that prevents alot of tracking on websites. 

I use FlashGot, and AdBlock Plus

Anyway I'm mainly an Opera user on the PC and there's something that I REALLY MISS on Firefox, the ability to go AUTOMATICALLY to the next forum page when pressing the SPACE BAR.

The space bar already goes to the end of the page, but in Opera if you press it again you go to the next page, and seems working in every site !!

There must be something similar with Firefox, does anyone knows something ?

Back