Finishing Shoot-them-up

hal9000

Website
Visit site
Hello,

I guess there are many arcade games fans here, so I have a question.

Has anyone manage to finish games like Mars Matrix, Progear or 1944 with one credit? or with, let's say, three credits? This has always seemed impossible to me, and I really wonder whether this is actually impossible, or if I am just not skilled or trained enough.

Thanks!

hal9000 said:
Hello,

I guess there are many arcade games fans here, so I have a question.

Has anyone manage to finish games like Mars Matrix, Progear or 1944 with one credit? or with, let's say, three credits? This has always seemed impossible to me, and I really wonder whether this is actually impossible, or if I am just not skilled or trained enough.

Thanks!
Hmm I've finished some shooters with one credit (3 lives)

19XX War Against Destiny

Aero Fighters 2 - may be first one too not sure

All Metal Slug games on NeoGeo

Eco Fighters

Battle Bakraid

Also came very close to doing it on Guwange , Dimahoo , Vasara but the last levels still gave hell even after lots of replaying

Last edited by a moderator:
I can never do it. On the actual arcade machines I play like shit and lose. On MAME I play even worse because I know I can complete any game because I have infinite credits.

I suck.

Back in the dawn of arcade I'd rack up a bunch of free plays in the local bowling alley's arcade corner and sell them to the highest bidder, scored a few machines so high they went stupid. <sigh> Nothing lasts forever, always stretch first, train like your gaming for the olympics, start with your diet and cut out the caffeine, etc. Brain lives on oxygen and fuel like fire. Flax oil tightens those synapses, reflex only as fast as they can fire, take supplements for everything the government is allowing them to remove from your food, get a good nights sleep, meditate and lower your stress for steady hands and always, use the force b-)

I have seen some videos on YT of people single crediting some arcade shooters and I have no idea how the hell they do it - i guess the aliens have landed and are playing our games!

I usually stick around 30 credits on MAME for the 194x series, and even then somtimes have to use a few more to finish them - guess i suck at arcade games so! :p

Back