Question To Developer Or No-Alls

247wkman

Still Fresh
ok, i have yet to buy a single one of these handhelds (got rid of my ds cause it had no attention) but do like the older games on moset 16-32bit consoles of old. i also like the idea of eventually making my own and do doing so for a specific console and control configuration.

GAME EDITOR pops up in my search for such a software and boasts it can export to GPX2 so MY QUESTION IS:
WILL CAANOO (OR EVEN WIZ) RETAIN COMPATABILITY FOR GAMES EXPORTED FROM G.E TO GPX2?
IF NOT, WHAT WOULD I REQUIRE TO MAKE A GAME FOR THIS CONSOLE? (the creater of g.e is not directly involved with the makers of the console? what would be required to utilise the CAANOO's rumble/tilt features?)

one more qustion- Would it be possible to use the USB 2.0 port to attatch a second gamepad- enabling 2-player? you could port to a tv and the console will be player 1, usb-player 2.

247wkman said:
GAME EDITOR pops up in my search for such a software and boasts it can export to GPX2 so MY QUESTION IS:
WILL CAANOO (OR EVEN WIZ) RETAIN COMPATABILITY FOR GAMES EXPORTED FROM G.E TO GPX2?
Although i do not currently develop for the wiz or caanoo, i can tell you that if you make a game specifically for the GP2X (Not GPX2), it will not run on the wiz or caanoo.
247wkman said:
IF NOT, WHAT WOULD I REQUIRE TO MAKE A GAME FOR THIS CONSOLE? (the creater of g.e is not directly involved with the makers of the console? what would be required to utilise the CAANOO's rumble/tilt features?)
You will need to learn a programing language, get an IDE and the SDK for the console you want to develop for- Also check with a dev to make sure i'm correct...
247wkman said:
one more qustion- Would it be possible to use the USB 2.0 port to attatch a second gamepad- enabling 2-player? you could port to a tv and the console will be player 1, usb-player 2.
With the caanoo or wiz? The wiz doesn't have a usb port... so i guess thats a no. But on the caanoo it is probably possible to have 2 gamepads, but i don't really know any 2 player games released for the wiz or caanoo yet, so you might be stuck there, but you will have to get a reply from a developer who can tell you for definite.

Last edited by a moderator:
247wkman said:
ok, i have yet to buy a single one of these handhelds (got rid of my ds cause it had no attention) but do like the older games on moset 16-32bit consoles of old. i also like the idea of eventually making my own and do doing so for a specific console and control configuration.

Please stop screaming at us in text.

Thank you.

u9i said:
The wiz has a USB port in the ext port, so if you make (buy?) a cable, you can add a gamepad.

Which is supported in close to no applications, with the exception of I think picodrive and Mame4all

So just the two most used applications on Wiz...

Dude, what are you doing? Are you just trying to get your post count up? Or did you forget to add that last line to your previous "order?"

/Uni

u9i said:
So just the two most used applications on Wiz...

Dude, what are you doing? Are you just trying to get your post count up? Or did you forget to add that last line to your previous "order?"

/Uni

Oh wow. didn't realize I double-posted.

Also, to be honest I rarely used picodrive/mame. I'm more of a gpSP/Pocketsnes kind of guy. :p

Back