Atiivity Stream is a dreadfull replacement for the New Post page

V

Vic

The old forum had a New Posts page that was easy to see what threads had been recently updated. The Activity Stream that is now on the forum is very difficult to see what the latest updated threads are.  You need to read pretty much read each line to see the thread name which is at the end of the line. Plus it posts part of the last post in each thread, buffering each updated thread line and making it even more difficult to go through

The new content link only shows up if you are logged in , whereas before it used to show up logged in or not.   Can this be changed so Neww Content link shows up even if you are not logged in

Oh - how did that work when not being logged in?
With Cookies?

I thought it just posted the most recent activity.  It may have been using cookies and I didn't notice since I was always using a different computer that didn't have cookies from my last non-logged in visit, and I usually logged in if I saw something worth commenting on.

Oh - how did that work when not being logged in?
With Cookies?

It just displayed 1 day's worth of content (or you could select more). I used it while traveling, to avoid sending the plain password on login while connected to public networks.

Back