Finding software opportunities and common ground

I just meant a vote on browsers. This is the single piece of software we all appear to agree is required.

There isn't much need for that. Pyra may be shipped with whichever browser works well.
AFAIK firefox-esr compiled by debian armhf is slow on pyra, while vivaldi works fine. I personally prefer open-source non-google browser that supports modern web standards ( which may be firefox/falkon/qutebrowser or some other gecko/blink or qt5webengine based browser).
So practically we are left with either compiling a browser that works or use precompiled closed source vivaldi. Another alternative is to use some webkit2gtk based browser ( epiphany/midori/vimb etc.) but that may fail with some sites.

There isn't much need for that. Pyra may be shipped with whichever browser works well.
AFAIK firefox-esr compiled by debian armhf is slow on pyra, while vivaldi works fine. I personally prefer open-source non-google browser that supports modern web standards ( which may be firefox/falkon/qutebrowser or some other gecko/blink or qt5webengine based browser).
So practically we are left with either compiling a browser that works or use precompiled closed source vivaldi. Another alternative is to use some webkit2gtk based browser ( epiphany/midori/vimb etc.) but that may fail with some sites.

Chromium is probably the best solution of stuff that is officially supported by Debian. It is Google-free (especially on Debian) but looks and acts like Chrome.

Also I doubt Vivaldi sends data to Google, but who knows.

Do some research.
As I did check how private Vivaldi is I came across some articles that say that Vivaldi is sending data home (to Vivaldi, not Google, but maybe also to google).
I even gound a llist for uBlock or an other blocker with Vivaldi damains to block to be safe.

Last edited:
Chromium is probably the best solution of stuff that is officially supported by Debian. It is Google-free (especially on Debian) but looks and acts like Chrome.
I don't know, what is changed in debian build of chromium, however, ungoogled-chromium had borrowed some features from debian build so it shall be better than vanila chromium.

Back