Finalburn Alpha?

Wow Slaanesh, you rock! I just had a chance to try MAME for the first time last night - and I'm incredibly impressed.

slaanesh said:
If no one does it soon, it's on my list of emulators to port... :)

if you do that i have no reason keeping my gp2x :) my bro will thank me as he will get it.....
wwf wrestlefest here we go :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
quadomatic said:
Any news slaanesh?
I've had a look through some of the code. That's about it so far. I didn't actually end up getting much time on the weekend - perhaps this weekend.
I've also made some progress with MAME4ALL in regards to screen scalers so you can read about that in my other post.

EDIT: I've started work on FBA for Dingoo.

slaanesh said:
I've got an initial alpha build of this going.
"Played" :) Knights of the Round last night on my Dingoo.
Still a bit of work to do on this.
Getting there!

Yaay!

Wow. This is impressive, considering you just released a big update to MAME.

Can you comment on what compatibility this version of Finalburn Alpha will have?

I ask because the 3 portable versions I've used or researched (Windows Mobile, PSP, and Android) all play different types of games. The WM does CPS1, CPS2, CPS3 (yes, though slow), Neo Geo, Cave and PGM. My PSP's can do CPS1, CPS2, Neo Geo - and odd MAME roms. The version for Android appears to only run CPS1, CPS2, and Neo Geo.

It's a mixed version - a bit of GP2X and a bit of PSP :)
The game drivers are based on the GP2X version - so whatever plays on the GP2X should play on this.
Basically this means CPS1, CPS2, Neo Geo, PGM, Cave and a few other misc MAME games.
Large games will require cache creation. I haven't tried any large games (yet) just tinkering around with CPS1 games to see how well everything is working.
I like the Cave games, especially Donpachi - so I'm hoping that will run well. :D
I'm also hoping that the CPS1, CPS2 and Neo Geo games will run well enough so that FBA becomes a suitable replacement for the equivalent native OS emulators.

woooahh!!! good news, slaanesh! Thanks for the hard work on Dingoo!

My dingoo is coming... :D

Actually I'm getting pretty excited about FBA, compared to MAME it has a focus on 16-bit games. This is the era that I love best.
FBA is extensible - just like MAME - so once everything is up and going I intend to add a few favorites (of mine) - including 1943 and Raiden. Yes, both of these work on MAME4ALL Dingoo, however Raiden is far from fullspeed - which I think FBA should be able to handle.
My other favorite game is the CPS2: Dungeon & Dragons Tower of Doom (hence my avatar). I'm looking forward to seeing this run!
Last of all, and unlike MAME, there seems to be save-state support. I haven't looked closely at this aspect of FBA but I hope it's functional as it's an often requested feature.

Oh yes, I've switched over CPU cores.
Was previously using slow M68K and Z80 cores. Now using C68K and CZ80 with some very nice results - even at the Dingoo's default 336Mhz it's playing very well with sound and software scaling blitter.

EDIT: Donpachi is pretty much fullspeed with sound at 336Mhz (Dingoo's default) speed. :)

That's great news Slaanesh - big fan of your work, it's moments like these that it makes me proud to be an Aussie :) And when we're kicking Enlgand's ass at cricket........ *cough*......... ;-P

Look forward to more of your stellar dingoo work - if I'm given a choice of playing emu's running the same games about equally well, I'd always choose my dingoo over my wiz from an ergonomic perspective.

Cheers
Simon

FBA is my favorite emulator on PC and XBOX.. now on DINGOO !! :lol: :) :)
Thanks man!!!

Back