GP32 Final Fantasy Tactics Remake for GP32 isn't dead

generalnmx2 posted on Oct 29 2003 at 04:13 AM said:
Well I'm posting like this until hando checks his email.
rcx21000 the first is dead, too :( ;) (until hando checks his e-mail)

Last edited by a moderator:
HELL YEAH this will be awesome :p nice one.
Anyone seen that ps2 game that loko ssimilar? its in this months edge magazine

I cant wait for this to come out. I never got FFT for the playstation, so this will be my first encounter with it. A final fantasy game for my GP32 will be really great!

Go Generalnmx2! :D

generalnmx i was wondering if you would share those sprite rips. I've been looking for some for awhile, and was hoping that maybe you could help. If so drop me an email at Devilmman_69@yahoo.com .

Hmmm.. I dont know if I could help you, unless I got an emu and played it
Anyone know an emu that has CD support and takes photos?
If so, I will try to get you a lot of sprites
Just let me know how I can help

PS
It would be great to make a sticky on all people who will, not say they would like to, help this so we can put all our stuff in one area

~Octavious

well if you get them, it'd be cool if you could help. I i am looking for all the sprites from FFT, I need them for a rpg thingy. Anyone that can help, please. Thanks

if i could find the rom, i could get them myself. Yeah but anyone that can help thanks again.

hmmmm.... does epsxe take pictures?
If so, then I will prolly get some pics from it
It will prolly take a while to get a good amount of these pics
BUT I WILL TRY AND GET A LOT OF DIFFERANT ONES!
(sry for caps, the dang lock was on...)

~Octavious

with the PC there is a magic photo button, it's called Printscreen, it does some weird thingy taking the picture of whats on your PC screen, i think they are called screenshots, but hell, i may be crazy

Anyway if you cannot find sprites then rip your own, usually games come with BG editing such *well ZSNES does* plus there are some programs that Rip all GFX from roms

Woah! With this engine we could make a fallout/x-com style game! Ive been designing one for a while with my brother, If anyone has any suggestions on what we should put in the Design doc, tell me! I of course would do no coding tho :p

But what theme should my game(design) be?

Octavious posted on Mar 8 2004 at 09:15 PM said:
damn it
my cd for fft is to scratched to get beyond first level...
sry man
try googlin or sumtin
just keep it up

~Octavious
hey, thats kinda what i said to take it back to blockbuster and get a dif game rental!

Seriously though, FFT for PSX is kinda... lamish, but FFTA is addictive :p *no offence*

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah which version of FFT is this going to be? Maybe you could concentrate on one version, then change it to make the other, so WE GET BOTH GAMES!!!!!!

Tryin to find sprites to help, no luck yet :(

KEEP IT UP!

Hopefully it'll be the psx version as it's a classic and is 10x better than FFTA! So, generalnmx, do you plan on releasing a beta or something for GBAX 2004?

I love FFTA, and seriously hate the FFT for PSX. FFTA has so much more to it than FFT did. But this just goes to show that different people like the different versions. So the author should make whatever version he feels like making. Note however that FFT was 3d where as FFTA was 2d. FFTA remake would be easier, unless you wanted to have FFT use the FFTA 2d style, which would be VERY difficult on some FFT(psx) maps with large buildings you cannot see behind / beside / etc.. without rotating the map

Honestly I would just use the FFTA graphics to test and play your engine, then have a good artist make you some custom ones and make your own game with the engine.

Back