Final Fantasy Not Saving..

Nunez

Still Fresh
I recently decided to start playing the original Final fantasy for the NES on the caanoo emulator...sadly I played for several hours. Saving several times in the beginning INN, and when I turned off my caanoo and tried to continue...it just acted as if I was starting a new game...anyone have any idea why it is not saving correctly?

I'm guessing you didn't go back to the emulator after saving, but simply turned the Caanoo off. For SNES emulators, SRAM (the built-in saving system) will only save to the Caanoo given you return to the menu - saving during gameplay was making the framerate in the emulator fluctuate, I believe.

So it works that way in the NES and SNES? That you have to go back to the menu first? And what exactly do you mean that saving during gameply was making the framerate fluctuate?

Well, according to the readme included with the DrPocketSNES Emulator, it used to save the SRAM of a game by checking during the game (using a timer, I guess). These checks slowed down the game, so the more recent versions only save if you go back to the game menu. I would assume it might be the same with the NES emulator - if the emulator has a readme, check it out.

The NES readme has barely any information and definitely not anything about the SRAM or saving. I'll test it real quick and come back to note if it worked or not.

EDIT: I started a quick game, and tried saving it and then returning to menu. YES, it did work. Thanks a lot man. Now I can finally start working towards beating it again! :)

Back