Saving Games?

martymcfly

Hi, i got a gp2x last week and have got many things up and running. One thing i can't get my head around is saving though. For example i have several emulators, and understand how save states work.
What i am wondering is, do regular save games using the games save facility, i.e save spots on final fantasy 3, not work? Because every times i use them i seem to lose them when i reboot. Are savestates just the norm for saving with emulators on this system? Thanks for your time.

it can be quirky with some emulators. The biggest thing is to remember to quit the emulator before you turn it off, which should solve most of your problems.

With all emulators you have to go back into the emulator front end for a SRAM save state to be written to your SD card.

If you make an in-game save in Final Fantasy, the save is made but just held in the GP2X memory. If you then turn the machine off, the save is lost. If you go back to the emulator menu, the save is written to your SD card so that you can choose another game.

Back