Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

I really wish we had a list of all those games in FBA that are playable on 1st gen pandora. and by playable I mean full speed or full speed with frameskip. I have so much clutter between this and panmame.

It's a shame as both are great pieces of software, I just don't have the time to sit and sort through them all and it's taking a massive bunch of space on my sdcards. How do you create your own dat?. If we could tailor a dat with just the best playable games for FBA (and another for panmame but I guess that's out of scope for this thread).

Anybody have a whole bunch of time they fancy commiting to this task. hehe - I'm not expecting anybody does - it would just be great. Damn jobs getting in the way of time for activities!

Is there a wiki page for fba ? With system compatibility, button mappings etc ?

I hope there's a new version of it available soon that fixes the random lag because of the buffer underrun issue and adds Kaillera support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can Anyone tell me in the future if Capex' FBA will support command.dat and cheat.dat from MAME?

the PSP NJ Emulators support that.... :)

And also,which Pandora version is better to play CPS3 Games?

I want to buy the 1Ghz or Rebirth are the most appropiated.

Hope they answer me soon.

I'm not sure the ReBirth is even being sold anymore, except used...but I have good results on Capex FBA with my Rebirth.

Been thinking about an upgrade to a 1 GHZ model.

I may also have an older version of Capex, since I see discussion of a newer version up here, I have had Capex for a long time, and never upgraded my version.

I personally tend to be leery of upgrades that may have bugs, when the current version I have works just fine.

If I do the 1GHZ version of Pandy...it will probably be in addition to...not in place of...my current ReBirth.

Ok, so I finally went through the pain of updating FBA to the latest sources v02.97.29, it's up in the repo.

Not sure too many unique games have been added, mainly just clones.

I've also updated Capex to allow you to store roms in custom folders.

simply add the following line to capex.cfg

rompath ./roms (obviously replacing ./roms with folder of your choice)

The z80 interface has been updated and I've noticed that in some games the sound runs too fast when using DrZ80 core (Gigawing, Neo Turfmasters), just switch to the C Z80 Core, they should still run at full speed).

Rom naming has been updated, here is the dat file FBA 0.2.97.29.zip

Enjoy

Dave

Attachments

• FBA 0.2.97.29.zip
    525 KB · Views: 205
Also meant to say, make sure you do a rescan in capex to update rom list.

Have used the latest codesourcery toolchain to compile most of it.  Latest version actually breaks some of the code when optimising so have to create the few objects separately using older toolchain, but I think certain drivers run faster.  Games like outrun (bootleg version) and double dragon seem faster (ie now fullspeed at 1ghz) than before.

Let me know your own results

Nice, thanks !

Btw, may i ask a detection for Slack, like PtitSeb did for cannonball, be cause i ran into:

[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application (capex.sh ) ----------
./capex.sh: line 24: 10627 Segmentation fault LD_PRELOAD=./lib/libstdc++.so.6 ./capex
[SUCCESS]--- Starting the application (capex.sh ) ----------

Kinda like:

Code:
if [ ! -e /etc/slackware-version ]
then
 echo "--------------------------------------------------------------"
 echo "Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to $pwd/libs:/lib:/usr/lib"
 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$pwd/libs:/lib:/usr/lib
fi

Cool!  A little request if it's not unrealistic.  Could you please add different types of filters for it like scanlines, etc? 

I managed to get the binary to run, letting only:

export SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE=800x480
export SDL_OMAP_VSYNC=1

in capex.sh

and:

export SDL_VIDEODRIVER=omapdss
export SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE=800x480
export SDL_OMAP_VSYNC=0

in fba.sh

All the drivers are based on FBA but the display code is my own.  I have got experimental scanlines working but only using 2x scaling on games with a vertical resolution of 240 or less.  I am going to start a separate topic on writing FIR filters to see if this can be improved.

Back