Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

I set windjammer to use c z80 and the speed of the initial music is corrected, but there are still no voices ingame... is there something else to change ?

You can also map keys using a kmp file

eg fba-dave/config/default.kmp

KEY_UP 273
KEY_DOWN 274
KEY_LEFT 276
KEY_RIGHT 275
KEY_FIRE1 278
KEY_FIRE2 281
KEY_FIRE3 279
KEY_FIRE4 280
KEY_FIRE5 303
KEY_FIRE6 305
KEY_COIN1 306
KEY_START1 308
KEY_PAUSE 112
KEY_QUIT 113

You can also map key for individual games by putting a kmp file in fba-dave18/config/games

eg fba-dave18/config/games/outrun.kmp

KEY_UP 273
KEY_DOWN 274
KEY_LEFT 276
KEY_RIGHT 275
KEY_FIRE1 278
KEY_FIRE2 281
KEY_FIRE3 305
KEY_FIRE4 280
KEY_FIRE5 303
KEY_FIRE6 304
KEY_COIN1 306
KEY_START1 308
KEY_PAUSE 112
KEY_QUIT 113

(to use right shoulder for gear change)

Windjammers needs both the C Z80 core and Force M68K selected.  This should always be tested for games that don't seem to work as they are the standard FBA cores, nothing is guaranteed to work with cyclone or drz80

oh, thanks, now it's perfect. I'll try to play with those options even in the other games

Windjammers needs both the C Z80 core and Force M68K selected.  This should always be tested for games that don't seem to work as they are the standard FBA cores, nothing is guaranteed to work with cyclone or drz80
Awesome!  Works now.  Probably fix other Neo Geo games ekianjo has trouble with as well.  On a side note, are you thinking of implementing more filters and scaling for FBA?  Wishful thinking: Scanlines with fullscreen would be awesome!  :D

I deleted my FBA appdata folder which solved the nub issue I was having, but now after doing a scan for new games FBA quits without saving the results.

Never had Capex crash while scanning....  

Would normally suspect a corrupted rominfo.fba or zipname.fba but ifyou've deleted the appdata this doesn't seem likely.

Have you checked that the rompath in capex.cfg is pointing to a valid location?

Has the SD card become read only? fat32 seems to default to that if there is any file corruption.

Anything useful in the pnd_out?

I'm having two issues with the new version. They are:

1. When rescanning the list of games, it crashes after reading the internal game database.

2. When playing a game (such as Marvel Vs Capcom), the music cuts out after a few seconds.
This poster is having the same issue, maybe he can post back here if he solved it.

I have removed the appdata folder & downloaded the pnd again.

The roms are in the default folder as they were before.

I took a copy of the appdata folder before I deleted it to try & solve the nub issue, I'll extract that again & see if that solves it as the scan ran fine before deleting the app folder.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Kof 2000 and 2002 dont work for me anymore even with the cz80 option. And windjammers has no sound in game.
Don't know about Kof, but windjammers works with all the sounds using "Force M68K" and "C Z80"

EDIT: Asura series works with the same as windjammers, and seems a little better playable then before

Last edited by a moderator:

1. When rescanning the list of games, it crashes after reading the internal game database.

2. When playing a game (such as Marvel Vs Capcom), the music cuts out after a few seconds.
This poster is having the same issue, maybe he can post back here if he solved it.

I took a copy of the appdata folder before I deleted it to try & solve the nub issue, I'll extract that again & see if that solves it as the scan ran fine before deleting the app folder.

Sent from my GT-I9300
#1 is still occurring and #2 was fixed by using "Force M68K" and 'C Z80". Also, there are some other issues that need fixing:

1. I'm getting "[!: not found" errors (in line 34 of ./capex.sh and line 67 of fba.sh).

2. I'm still getting "underrun occured" errors while emulating a rom (such as Marvel VS Capcom).

Last edited by a moderator:

Sent from my GT-I9300
#1 is still occurring and #2 was fixed by using "Force M68K" and 'C Z80".
Never had any #1.  I rescanned, rescanned, rescanned, and rescanned -> no issue.  Are you on SuperZaxxon 1.55?

Never had Capex crash while scanning....  

Would normally suspect a corrupted rominfo.fba or zipname.fba but ifyou've deleted the appdata this doesn't seem likely.

Have you checked that the rompath in capex.cfg is pointing to a valid location?

Has the SD card become read only? fat32 seems to default to that if there is any file corruption.

Anything useful in the pnd_out?
I Placed the roms in the folder created by FBA

This is my pnd_out:

=======================================================================================

PND : /media/SD2_32GB/pandora/menu/fba.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs

APPDATADIR : /media/SD2_32GB/pandora/appdata/fba-dave18

APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED : 1000

EXENAME : capex.sh

ARGUMENTS :

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/fba-dave18"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SD2_32GB/pandora/appdata/fba-dave18=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/fba-dave18=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/fba-dave18"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Set CPU speed ----------

Setting to CPU-Speed 1000 MHz

cpu_mhz_max set to 1000

current CPU clock is 1000000

[sUCCESS]--- Set CPU speed ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application ( capex.sh ) ----------

writing fir:

Default (Slightly blurred)

./capex.sh: line 34: [!: not found

CAPEX frontend for FBA2X

v0.1 by JYCET

omapsdl: opened tslib touchscreen

omapsdl: in_evdev: found "keypad" with 84 events (type 00100013)

omapsdl: in_evdev: found "gpio-keys" with 16 events (type 00000023)

omapsdl: skip /dev/input/event5 as ts

omapsdl: found 3 evdev device(s).

omapsdl: detected 800x480 'lcd' (0) screen attached to fb 1 and overlay 1

fbdev: switching to 400x240@16

fbdev: /dev/fb1: 400x240@16

fbdev initialized.

xenv: X vendor: The X.Org Foundation, rel: 10704000, display: :0.0, protocol ver: 11.0

xenv: display is 800x480

351 351 w

lecture fichier zipname.fba

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Segmentation fault

[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( capex.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Reset CPU speed to 800 ----------

cpu_mhz_max set to 800

current CPU clock is 800000

[sUCCESS]--- Reset CPU speed to 800 ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/fba-dave18': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 1

You can also map keys using a kmp file

eg fba-dave/config/default.kmp

KEY_UP 273

KEY_DOWN 274

KEY_LEFT 276

KEY_RIGHT 275

KEY_FIRE1 278

KEY_FIRE2 281

KEY_FIRE3 279

KEY_FIRE4 280

KEY_FIRE5 303

KEY_FIRE6 305

KEY_COIN1 306

KEY_START1 308

KEY_PAUSE 112

KEY_QUIT 113

You can also map key for individual games by putting a kmp file in fba-dave18/config/games

eg fba-dave18/config/games/outrun.kmp

KEY_UP 273

KEY_DOWN 274

KEY_LEFT 276

KEY_RIGHT 275

KEY_FIRE1 278

KEY_FIRE2 281

KEY_FIRE3 305

KEY_FIRE4 280

KEY_FIRE5 303

KEY_FIRE6 304

KEY_COIN1 306

KEY_START1 308

KEY_PAUSE 112

KEY_QUIT 113

(to use right shoulder for gear change)
This seems the easiest method, is there a list of the Pandora's keymap somewhere so that I can start customising my controls.

Back