Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

Afterburner & Outrun work fine, but need a bit of over-clocking to run full speed.

Can't comment on sound but when I try to save the settings in the emulator it kicks me back to the desktop but doesn't save any of the modified settings.

Ian_j just create a folder called conf in appdata/fba-dave18 the script is supposed to do this but I left the folder in the pnd so mkdir fails as it already exists.

Mods please let me know if I am OK to post the CLRmame Pro dat file here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian_j just create a folder called conf in appdata/fba-dave18 the script is supposed to do this but I left the folder in the pnd so mkdir fails as it already exists.

Hi Dave many thanks for the info, just tried it but no joy the emulator still quits back to desktop.

However Powerdrift works so I'm not too bothered.

Great work with the Sega drivers. However, when I run outrun or afterburner even overclocked they are really slow, others have reported they work fine though.

Any ideas?

Should have been clearer. Sega games are supported but no guarantee as to whether they will run full speed.

Great work with the Sega drivers. However, when I run outrun or afterburner even overclocked they are really slow, others have reported they work fine though.

Any ideas?
Are you over-clocking within FBA?

Any ideas?
Are you over-clocking within FBA?

Yeah, I have e-swat running nice with sound but outrun and afterburner is slow with the sound enabled.

Is it possible you could post post your FBA settings? I can compare them to mine.

Thanks!

I think sound is still an issue so I disabled it, at the moment if you want to play outrun your best bet is MAME4All which runs full speed with sound.

FBA is still work in progress.

I think sound is still an issue so I disabled it, at the moment if you want to play outrun your best bet is MAME4All which runs full speed with sound.

Thanks, I thought it might be sound related. As you say without sound they are nice and smooth.

FBA is still work in progress.

Updated the repo to v1.0.0.7 as I've finally tracked down the Capex bugs. Thanks to the .dat file I was able to test with a large romset and it turns ot capex was a bit remiss when it comes to closing files once it's finished with them. Hopefully the crashes and corrupt rom listings are gone!

I've also added to new rotated display option which offer different scalings between aspect correct and full screen, some look nice with certain games so give them a try.

Dave

I can report that the settings are now saved in the menu.

Back