Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

If anyone fancies modifying Capex to run at 400x240, some reworked images are attached.

• New background image, 400x240
  • Logo/button hint image revamped and extended 80px
  • Text highlight bar extended 80px

Mockup:

4RwnM.jpg

(Yeah we could go 800x480, but that would require a more substantial makeover including reworking the font.)

Full Capex source here: http://dl.openhandhe...0,0,0,0,46,2462

fba-capex-400x240-imgs.zip

Attachments

• fba-capex-400x240-imgs.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 172
Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks to crow_riot and dave18 for their hard work here, these versions are great already :)

I'd go with the gruso.sh key layout aswell personally, as its more natural.

skeezix mentioned that Capex should only display what its actually found (or if that was possible, along with dir jumping/browsing). The latter would be great but if you hit select on the Capex frontend and alter 'listing view' to 'Available only', then it will already just list which games you can play, if that's what you meant?

@dave18: Your display fix is good (for rotated vertical games). I'm assuming that Capex options for scaling etc aren't enabled at this stage? (Saving an individual game config causes Capex to exit btw)

glad you're enjoying the latest version, i really like how this turned out - at least not as disastrous as my failed gpsp port try ;-)

Got around to testing out crow's version... very nice work! It's almost there really - almost ready to turn into a PND! :)

wondering what's missing from "almost" to be "really" pnd-able ;)

@gruso yeah, known issue. Capex expects a conf directory to exist so you have to create one in appdata/fba-dave18

@gruso yeah, known issue. Capex expects a conf directory to exist so you have to create one in appdata/fba-dave18

This is best done in the startupscript.

Just add a

Code:
mkdir config

mkdir roms

in there and do not pack those folders in the pnd.

Anyone can tell me where i can find the src for Final Burn Legends 1.4 (XBox) ?

This version implements the Thunder Hoop driver for FB.

Or anyone can help me to find this driver for any Final Burn emu version ?
somebody help me ?
I'm guessing they can't, because no one here has any inside knowledge on FBA really. The GP2X/Caanoo source became available so a couple of devs jumped on it, but that's about it. I found some links but they were for Megaupload, ugh. :(

Also xbox is x86, so there would be a lot of work convertig or merging code.

Did you catch my earlier reply to you Dunny? :) If this was all fighters, I wouldn't be playing it at all.

Ah, sorry Gruso :)

Yeah, but none of the games I want to play from Final Burn (and not, as it seems, the rather inferior Final Burn Alpha) are emulated - and I so want to play those few on the Panda. Ah well, maybe in the future we'll get a version of MAME that can handle them!

Edit: Seems that Final Burn "Alpha" does support the games I love - has anyone tested them? I'm particularly interested in Powerdrift, Afterburner and Thunderblade (there are others, but I love those the most!)

D.

-I haven't had any luck getting crow_riot's version to work; any tips? I double-click the executable and nothing happens.

-I haven't had any problems with any CPS2 games, which is awesome and all that a reasonable man could ask for. I am not, however, reasonable. :)

-Anyone have any luck getting either Battle Bakraid or The King of Fighters 2003 to work? I realize that the latter is a pipe dream, but so it goes.

-I haven't had any luck getting crow_riot's version to work; any tips? I double-click the executable and nothing happens.
double click 'fba.sh' ... thats the script launching zenity and then launching the binary with the chosen rom

I looked at the gamelist on both systems caanoo and pandora,caanoo has much more games than pandora and it has better ones even caanoo looks like fba always was the best for gph consoles.

Pandora has 669 roms and caanoo has 924 in the database.

I looked at the gamelist on both systems caanoo and pandora,caanoo has much more games than pandora and it has better ones even caanoo looks like fba always was the best for gph consoles.

Have to say whilst this FBA wip is fantastic & sure to get even better, i'm a little confused with the lack of supported roms.. from what i have seen this current build supports the least amount of roms of any build/fork of FBA, for example FBA Next (PS3 version) supports Kaneko 16, Cave, Toaplan, Megadrive, CPs1, CPS2, CPS3, Neogeo, Taito, Sega System 16, PGM, Psikyo & a huge misc section.. hundreds upon hundreds of roms, the vast majority of which are missing from this build, especially classics such as.. Bubble Bobble, Burger Time, Kung Fu Master, Battlezone, Donkey Kong, PacMan, Rally X, Galaxian, Galaga etc etc.. could support for the aforementioned be included or would we need a port of FBA Next or something similar to enable this..?

Thanks.

Take the rominfo.fba and zipname.fba files from Reesy's caanoo build and place them in the /fba-dave18 directory on your Pandora (overwrite existing files). All 924 games included in the Caanoo build will show up then. Dave18's Capex port just didn't come with the most updated roms list.

^ Correct, and proof that those numbers mean little on their own. The database for the GP2X version was culled to <700, and the GP2X, Caanoo and Pandora versions are all based on the same source... that's not to say there aren't some compatibility issues to be ironed out in the Pandora version though.

If you have both systems, the most useful thing you can do is tell devs which games work on the Caanoo but not on the Pandora. Then they know where to look to improve things. :)

Have to say whilst this FBA wip is fantastic & sure to get even better, i'm a little confused with the lack of supported roms.. from what i have seen this current build supports the least amount of roms of any build/fork of FBA, for example FBA Next (PS3 version) supports Kaneko 16, Cave, Toaplan, Megadrive, CPs1, CPS2, CPS3, Neogeo, Taito, Sega System 16, PGM, Psikyo & a huge misc section.. hundreds upon hundreds of roms, the vast majority of which are missing from this build, especially classics such as.. Bubble Bobble, Burger Time, Kung Fu Master, Battlezone, Donkey Kong, PacMan, Rally X, Galaxian, Galaga etc etc.. could support for the aforementioned be included or would we need a port of FBA Next or something similar to enable this..?

Thanks.
In short, yeah we'd need a port based on newer FBA source (edit - to match the hardware support of FBAnext). That would probably have to be a separate project from this one.

^ Correct, and proof that those numbers mean little on their own. The database for the GP2X version was culled to <700, and the GP2X, Caanoo and Pandora versions are all based on the same source... that's not to say there aren't some compatibility issues to be ironed out in the Pandora version though.

If you have both systems, the most useful thing you can do is tell devs which games work on the Caanoo but not on the Pandora. Then they know where to look to improve things. :)

Thanks.
In short, yeah we'd need a port based on newer FBA source. That would probably have to be a separate project from this one.

FBA Next would be nice.. any takers?

..and back on planet earth, shame that a lot of the classics aren't covered by this version of FBA but all things considered it's still pretty spectacular..

thanks for clarifying :)

i have both systems myself, and from my little tests: there are roms that are marked as working in capex but they dont work neither on the pandora nor the caanoo.

Back