Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

Formatted a new SD card with Panasonic util.

Downloaded FBA on PC and put it on card

Run FBA

Eject card and put 1 ROM (crush.zip) in the \pandora\appdata\fba-dave18\roms folder created by FBA

Run FBA and play game, runs fine.

Go into settings for ROM and change various settings

Click to save settings to crush.cf

Emulator quits

Checked \pandora\appdata\fba-dave18\ and there are 3 files:

lastsel.cap

capex.cfg

fbasdl.ini

I've tried the exact same as above but used PNDManager to download and install FBA with the same results.

aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also having problems with Neo Geo games that used to run fine.  They load than get to an errir saying Loading BIOS graphics (sfix.sfix)...

I tried cz80 and forceM68k as mentioned earlier but no luck,

Ian J - New version in repo (build 3), which hopefully will fix your problem.  Bad file handling code + me accidentally leaving a copy of gamelist.cpx in the actual PND was the problem.  

Ian J - New version in repo (build 3), which hopefully will fix your problem.  Bad file handling code + me accidentally leaving a copy of gamelist.cpx in the actual PND was the problem.  
Hi Dave,

Many thanks for looking into this.

The ROM scan is now sorted and I can view only available games, I still can't save ROM specific settings though, that still forces the emulator to close.

I'm also having problems with Neo Geo games that used to run fine.  They load than get to an errir saying Loading BIOS graphics (sfix.sfix)...

Which games in particular ? I can check on my side too. 
All Metal Slug games, Last Hope, League Bowling,Real Bout Fatal Fury.....pretty well any Neo Geo game

All Metal Slug games, Last Hope, League Bowling,Real Bout Fatal Fury.....pretty well any Neo Geo game
I just tried:

Metal Slug - Played Fine

Metal Slug 2 - Played Fine

Metal Slug 3 - Corrupted GFX

Metal Slug 4 - Played Fine

Metal Slug 5 - Played Fine

Metal Slug X - Played Fine

I just tried:

Metal Slug - Played Fine

Metal Slug 3 played fine here for me.

Weird.....I'll try and find a different neogeo.zip and see it thats the prob.  Odd it worked til I updated the PND.

I just tried:

Metal Slug - Played Fine

Metal Slug 3 played fine here for me.
Yep when I changed the default CPU settings MS3 works for me too, before that I had everything on default.

OK found the problem (I think).  First, the Neo Geo Unibios no longer works, you must use an original neo geo bios.  Also, some bios files won't work because the sfix.sfix is named sfix.sfx in the bios, making it not load.  Finally found a bios that had that file named properly and games are now loading.

OK found the problem (I think).  First, the Neo Geo Unibios no longer works, you must use an original neo geo bios.  Also, some bios files won't work because the sfix.sfix is named sfix.sfx in the bios, making it not load.  Finally found a bios that had that file named properly and games are now loading.
This is exactly why I rescan all my ROMS for every emulator update no matter how small.

Ian J

Create a folder called conf within fba-dave18 and then a folder called game within that,  This will solve the saving of configuration files, will fixed the scripts for future.  Been a long time since I deleted my appdata so this folder always existed for me.

There's sound (AI sound at race start) and graphic glitches (no turbo blink) with Super Hang On.

Otherwise, all seems ok.

Reduction is framerate is most likely the message being output to the pnd.out file.  If it was an easy fix I would have done it by now, in my experience syncing the sound and video is the trickiest part of emulation (but then I've never tried to write a dynarec or NEON ASM graphics core).

I expect it is the SDL lib that generates the underrun message so I can't suppress it and just generating extra samples causes timing issues.

Back