Release Final Burn Alpha ported to Pandora (FAQ in first post)

We need FBA on Pandora, lets hope that for the competition someone ports this to Pandora, would be amazing. :D

Looks to me like its crashing in caanoosdk.cpp as a result of the mmap; noticve the hardcoded values for framebuffer:

See around lke 62 or 65 or somesuch (hey, i donm't sleep at night anymore ;)

You fix up that file to just use SDL or fix up the assumptions, or at least fix up the code to use /dev/fb, and you're all set, I bet.

If you're stuck, lemme know, I coudl take a stab, but I'm really not the most free time right now :eek:

jeff

Really, a port of NJ's PSP CPS2 emu (or other CPS2 emus) woudl be pretty easy; and if PSP can run CPS2 games pretty well, it'd be easy sauce for Pandora to pull it off.

Likewise, FBA is a pretty easy port, but so far everyone has been lazy.. compile .. hey it ciompiles.. it crashes.. abort. But a couple hours hacking, convert it to strict SDL or something, and it'd run easy.

So, I'm surprised these didn't get done really :)

I'm betting one or both for compo; I'd do it myself.. pretty tempted.. but I got babies and a firmware to watch :eek:

jeff

Hey Jeff, even if you work on this inbetween firmwares, feedings & diaper changes, you'll still probably get it done before anyone else. :lol:

Chris

If anyone wants to port this to pandora,please try to port this from gp2x f200 and also want cps3 games to work especially street fighter III: 3rd strike.

Last edited by a moderator:
well took me long to register here ... but now it was time - as i didn't want to open a new thread on gp32x about it ...

i've got fba running - i just gave it a quick try because looking at the code it seemed to be easy enough (like skeezix said).

some issues are still there: the sound is only noise, i still have some flickering issues (likely my fault) and the input is not fully done - i'm going to change that to be more pandora friendly ...

if someone could enlighten me - i've never used fba before (and was too lazy to read the readme.txt ;) ): do i need a special romset for it or should just "any" cps2 or whatever rom work?

well took me long to register here ... but now it was time - as i didn't want to open a new thread on gp32x about it ...

i've got fba running - i just gave it a quick try because looking at the code it seemed to be easy enough (like skeezix said).

some issues are still there: the sound is only noise, i still have some flickering issues (likely my fault) and the input is not fully done - i'm going to change that to be more pandora friendly ...

if someone could enlighten me - i've never used fba before (and was too lazy to read the readme.txt ;) ): do i need a special romset for it or should just "any" cps2 or whatever rom work?

You, sir, are well on the way to making $200. There's a bounty thread somewhere, have a look at it!

fba stick to a mame release. depending on what version this fba is based on, there is a mame set to use.

Welcome crow_riot, and thanks for adding your skills to the community. This emu is Looooooonnnnnnnggggg overdue. :p

I believe this uses a paticular romset the same way MAME and certain NeoGeo emu's need a paticular set(pain in the arse). If you google it, you should be able to find a complete FBA set, as they are not hard to find.

Also, there are several members around here who could also help you in regards to the few bugs you have experianced, hopefully they will PM you, and help get this polished and dropped on the community soon. Thanks again for your hard work and effort, it is greatly appreciated.

Chris

thanks for the heartly welcome!

i'll hope i can put some time into this emulator - seems it supports some quite cool games (i love street fighter!) - i'm still working hard on paperwars (believe it or not!)

i dont know if i'd accept the bounty - currently i've just "stolen" parts of notaz gpsp native port code to get something to display, and of course to have those for-free upscaling methods omap supports. so if the bounty will be there, i'd donate that to the current compo or split it between notaz and the compo or so ... no idea.

changing input is not difficult - i'll break backwards compatibility though, but i really dont care about that.

will let you know more if there's some progress made

As someone who has contributed to the bounty, allow me to assure you that if you get the port done you can do whatever you please with the money. I await news of your success!

Back